So if you give say.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Dixieangus

Reaction score
A blackleg vaccine say in the hip (i know the BQA wouldnt like you very much but thats beside the point) i think its suppose to be given subq....would the vaccine still work???

Dixieangus":2zy3qcar said:
A blackleg vaccine say in the hip (i know the BQA wouldnt like you very much but thats beside the point) i think its suppose to be given subq....would the vaccine still work???
The answer is yes it will still work, BUT you don't want to give in the muscle. The animal's body sometimes walls the vaccine off and abcesses in the muscle. You don't find the abcess until you cut into the meat. This can be a real customer relation problem.

I'm not sure if this is true or not but I was told that it will take longer before the vaccine will be effective too. I don't know how much longer though.

BC":1nxcshu0 said:
The answer is yes it will still work, BUT you don't want to give in the muscle. The animal's body sometimes walls the vaccine off and abcesses in the muscle. You don't find the abcess until you cut into the meat. This can be a real customer relation problem.

What a pleasant surprise :eek:

Waldershrek":1hc9j75p said:
BC":1hc9j75p said:

What a pleasant surprise :eek:
That is the reason not to give the vaccinations in the top butt.