So I have this friend.....

Help Support CattleToday:

angie1

Reaction score
I have this friend who is wanting to make a turkey. Unfortunately she was way too busy this morning to make it to the vet clinic to get a needle and syringe to inject good stuff into the turkey, and besides she forgot. As luck would have it she found a syringe and needle in the back of the kitchen drawer!! :clap: She is pretty sure it was used to give the snot nosed cat a couple shots, but it coulda been anything really. She thinks it would work to somehow sterilize the syringe and needle and use it anyhow. She mentioned this to her mom, who thought it was a very bad idea. Looking for someone's approval ~ she called her sister who also thinks it was a very bad idea (near as she can tell, the mom had already gotten ahold of the sister and poisoned her to the idea in the first place. :roll: ). Does anyone think this is a decent enough idea? I mean, if you cook the turkey what's the worse that can happen ~ right?

funny-pictures-alien-kitten-GXm.jpg

This is what could happen to you! :)

Bleach kills anything, doesn't it? I'd think if the needle and syringe were soaked in bleach, then boiled that oughta take care of it.

However, that picture above worried me a touch :shock: ...isn't there a feed store or a Tractor Supply around that she could get those "supplies?"

Alice

Why would you throw a dirty syringe and needle in a kitchen drawer, and even I do some very kooky things.. :???:

I think 'tis best to make something else or forgo the injection of stuff into said turkey..

But if desperate disinfect with alcohol, rubbing for the needle and syringe and plain ole JD/Drambuie/whiskey ect. for your friend and anyone else that is going to consume the turkey :drink: :cowboy: ..

Tell your friend good luck for me.. :lol2:

hillsdown":1lc9sjfa said:
Why would you throw a dirty syringe and needle in a kitchen drawer
I think maybe she keeps them around for emergencies like sliver in kids' foot ........
Yeah Alice ~ the cat pic is crazy to be sure. Maybe I should tell her not to inform the people eating how the process was conducted, she uses this technique often I think.... :help:

angie":3omvcduk said:
hillsdown":3omvcduk said:
Why would you throw a dirty syringe and needle in a kitchen drawer
I think maybe she keeps them around for emergencies like sliver in kids' foot ........

Dang. That is a novel treatment. I might eat the turkey, but if I get a sliver in my foot I'm outa there.

"She" should be concentrating on her Christmas cookies and forgo the turkey like "she" did for Thanksgiving. :roll:

P.S. Tell "her" kids they can come live with me, I do not remove splinters with used needles and I have real band aids. :nod:

MistyMorning":g65y23mm said:
"She" should be concentrating on her Christmas cookies and forgo the turkey like "she" did for Thanksgiving. :roll:

P.S. Tell "her" kids they can come live with me, I do not remove splinters with used needles and I have real band aids. :nod:

You don't reuse bandaids? Even when there's sticky left on them? Good GAWD, Misty, don't you know there's an economical crunch goin' on?

Alice

Alice":36a3gp1a said:
MistyMorning":36a3gp1a said:

You don't reuse bandaids? Even when there's sticky left on them? Good GAWD, Misty, don't you know there's an economical crunch goin' on?

Alice

Alice, "she" once posted that "she" uses balled up toilet paper and duct tape for her kids band aids. :nod:

jka300 ROFLMAO :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Call me chicken angie, but I would use a new needle and syringe. You never know what it was used for, so better safe then sorry.

MistyMorning":1rwvvcfg said:
Alice":1rwvvcfg said:
MistyMorning":1rwvvcfg said:

Alice

Alice, "she" once posted that "she" uses balled up toilet paper and duct tape for her kids band aids. :nod:

Hmmmm..."she" needs to sit on the advisory board of the Detroit Big 3!

Alice

MistyMorning":ihf1la4f said:

Doesn;t everyone?

I briefly considered pretending offense that you all think I am my friend, but then figured I might as well give it up ~ too many times you have heard about my cooking exploits. :help: :lol2:

MM ~ don't tell me you don't do the toilet paper & tape bandaids. Did you know that for a LONG time that was what my youngest 2 asked for in their Christmas stocking ~ "real" bandaids!! Then on Christmas morning they would look like they just got out of triage with all the scars and scratches that needed covering! :lol2: I always just tell them there are little children in Africa who have to use leaves and they should be thankful for tape and toilet paper ~ Lord knows I am! :nod:

BTW ~ the turkey turned out great!

Did you know that for a LONG time that was what my youngest 2 asked for in their Christmas stocking

Palpation sleeves make dandy Christmas stockings, I do suggest you use new one though. ;-)

My dad asked me yesterday to go pick some apricots for them while I go and change the irrigation, had nothing hollow in the pick up except for palpation sleeves so they got a palpation sleeve full of apricots.

angie":37b2x0og said:
I briefly considered pretending offense that you all think I am my friend, but then figured I might as well give it up ~ too many times you have heard about my cooking exploits. :help: :lol2:

I didn;t think you were "your friend". I was just surprised you had a friend!

Well, I got punked... :oops: I thought it was a friend, albeit a rather strange one...

Alice

dun":374a3qfh said:
angie":374a3qfh said:

I didn;t think you were "your friend". I was just surprised you had a friend!

Maybe this "friend" is an aqaintance she had never invited for lutefisk?

angie":1ulxgjhl said:

MM ~ don't tell me you don't do the toilet paper & tape bandaids. Did you know that for a LONG time that was what my youngest 2 asked for in their Christmas stocking ~ "real" bandaids!! Then on Christmas morning they would look like they just got out of triage with all the scars and scratches that needed covering! :lol2: I always just tell them there are little children in Africa who have to use leaves and they should be thankful for tape and toilet paper ~ Lord knows I am! :nod:

BTW ~ the turkey turned out great!
And there are big men in Oklahoma that use leaves when I need to... ;-)
Question is..... Did the needle and syringe, go back in the drawer??
:roll:

Latest posts