So I guess I need a brand...suggestions?

Help Support CattleToday:

milkmaid

Reaction score
I'm looking for a couple imaginative folks to help me out. ;-)

Was talking to a neighbor this evening and decided he is probably right. I've never had a brand before as the turn-around with bottle calves is so quick and I never 1) saw the need, or 2) had enough head to justify a brand. With the number of calves I'm acquiring now, and the fact that I'm moving to almost all holstein heifers (big bucks), and that I'm planning to keep them from week olds to springers (first calf) it just might not be a bad idea to slap a brand on them. And a lot of my pastures border the road.

So... need something to work with. No ranch name. I'm not putting out my name for everyone to know what it is (although a lot of you already do know) but my initals are C and T. And ideas there? The names themselves wouldn't help anyways as they don't give you much to work with - not like a friend of mine whose last name is "Angell".

I also wondered if I couldn't do something with 'milkmaid' ... I've gotten to rather enjoy my 'nickname'. ;-) Just a plain MM or maybe M-M? But no idea how any of that would come out with a hot iron, OR how I'd explain the MM to the casual bystander.

Prolly just pass it off with a "Long story, some other time". :lol:

You folks out there have any thoughts or ideas? I guess I could always go with something really unimaginative - know a family whose brand is "23" - and yes you saw that right. LOL.

M-M would come out well with a hot iron. Another suggestion would be C lazy T, with the T connecting in the center of the C. With regard to your newest acquisition - yet another thought would be M backwards lazy W (which could also be called M, lazy M) with the W connecting at the bottom of the M, but that might be a bit big, too. Might also consider a rocking T, again, with the T connecting in the middle of the C, or CT with the T connecting at the top of the C. Just my thoughts.

Double diamond, side by side. It would be a "M" over a "W". If any one ask you could tell them its for "M"ircle "W"orker or "M"ilk"M"aid with the second "M" being upside down.

Milkmaid,

Here are a few ideas I came up with -

BRANDS.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions msscamp, Rod, and Bama. These are good. :) Keep 'em coming, folks! :D

Well you could just do an outline of a milk bottle.

I don't blame you for not sharing your name, but your name is also your creed, in business. Having a good name and good reputation in itself is worthy. Think about shopping. When you see Sears and you see K-Mart you have different expectations.

Based on your exchanges in this forum, you are a person of integrity and your name would have value. I don't miss reading any of your posts.

In view of your endeavors on behalf of all those sickly critters, how about a brand with capital letters F N (for Florence Nightingale) and with a Red Cross symbol in between the letters? :)

Latest posts