Snowplow Parenting

Help Support CattleToday:

Brute 23 said:
So all you baby boomers that were raised right... what happened to yalls kids? Why are they raising your grandkids like this?

We all weren't raised right.
Lot of hippie dope lifestyle spawned a bunch of that progeny.

Caustic Burno said:
Brute 23 said:
So all you baby boomers that were raised right... what happened to yalls kids? Why are they raising your grandkids like this?

We all weren't raised right.
Lot of hippie dope lifestyle spawned a bunch of that progeny.

:lol: I have 4-6 uncles or aunts on each side of the family that vary quite a bit in age. Its funny how different they can all be coming out of the exact same house. Spouses have a lot of influence on that.

What has screwed our whole society is the idea that you should give you kids what you didn't have growing up. Marketing in this country has taken that and ran with it. Parents will completely destroy their financials, their marriages, etc in an attempt to please little Johnny and Susie.

I was forced to get a job at age 3 and buy my own food. I was in charge of roof repairs cutting all the firewood by age 4. I had to buy my own furniture for my room and my own school clothes. I was always a little skinnier during school because I never made enough to buy lunch every day. If a burglar broke in the house, I was supposed to take care of it and try not to wake everyone else. School was 8 miles away, but I wasn't allowed to ride the school bus, and it was uphill both ways.

cowrancher75 said:
i'm not sure its to please the little ones.. I think it has more to do with 'showing off'

Along with vacancy parents. They are signed up in everything under the sun.
Look at me and my kids who I pay other people to entertain them, and I can post on FB.

herofan said:
I was forced to get a job at age 3 and buy my own food. I was in charge of roof repairs cutting all the firewood by age 4. I had to buy my own furniture for my room and my own school clothes. I was always a little skinnier during school because I never made enough to buy lunch every day. If a burglar broke in the house, I was supposed to take care of it and try not to wake everyone else. School was 8 miles away, but I wasn't allowed to ride the school bus, and it was uphill both ways.

You joke I had a real job every summer starting at 13 . The absolute worse was working for my uncle hauling pulp wood. That will get your mind right about your future job. Didn't take long to figure out that was existing not living.

It is a different world today than it was 50 years ago IMO as kids need help and I am sure then they did too, but they have to help themselves also.

Brute 23 said:
What has screwed our whole society is the idea that you should give you kids what you didn't have growing up. Marketing in this country has taken that and ran with it. Parents will completely destroy their financials, their marriages, etc in an attempt to please little Johnny and Susie.

It was sesame street that screwed this country up. Way too many adults running around with muppet hair

It's not the kids fault they get here knowing nothing. As parents in society along with the educational system we quit preparing children for life. We have failed IMO.
Everyone gets a trophy!

callmefence said:
haase said:
Google is a crutch, nothing more, nothing less, makes people with no common sense look like they know something.

Anyone with any common Sense, has the sense to know what a valuable tool Google is.

Google how to do something and most times there's a YouTube video showing how to do it. Excellent learning tool.

True Grit Farms said:
callmefence said:
haase said:
Google is a crutch, nothing more, nothing less, makes people with no common sense look like they know something.

Anyone with any common Sense, has the sense to know what a valuable tool Google is.

Google how to do something and most times there's a YouTube video showing how to do it. Excellent learning tool.

Google isn't for everyone because my wife found one the other day while she was performing drug testing at her job and someone had Googled how to beat a drug test and it suggested pouring vinegar in the cup to neutralize the drugs. Everyone got a laugh at this doper's expense because if you have a pH of 2.4 you have to be one of those walking dead people you see on the television.

Latest posts