Snowed in

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
Haven't been out yet. We're in the 12 inch area but it looks like more. It all piled up on our step, a 6 ft drift against the door. The only way out is through the garage and overhead door. County road is still blocked. -17 for a high today and -30 tonight. Why in the world do people live here. :help:

I got a laugh at the baby boom in august!!
Reminds me once on another forum I was looking through the birthday calender, and notice an exceptional number of birthdays in mid-late may, and did the math... last week of summer vacation/first week of college... well that explains it!

Why does minneapolis have an airport? little surprise Northwest sold out.. the can't talk off half the time, i know many people who travel a lot and say "don't take Northwest in the winter"!

I'll admit Chicago isn't great a lot of the time either

TexasBred":15lb47r1 said:
BeefmasterB":15lb47r1 said:
I keep asking that same question :nod: There has to be some pluses to it all somewhere.

Possibility of a "baby boom" in August. ;-)

I had one of those! From the Great Thanksgiving Day Ice Storm in 1993. Little to do but watch the Cowboys, eat and make chillens.

Lammie":23qtupi7 said:
TexasBred":23qtupi7 said:
BeefmasterB":23qtupi7 said:
I keep asking that same question :nod: There has to be some pluses to it all somewhere.

I had one of those! From the Great Thanksgiving Day Ice Storm in 1993. Little to do but watch the Cowboys, eat and make chillens.

roflmao....Lammie...sounds like the Cowboy game had a good halftime show. :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":yg6ffu2z said:
Lammie":yg6ffu2z said:
TexasBred":yg6ffu2z said:

roflmao....Lammie...sounds like the Cowboy game had a good halftime show. :lol2: :lol2:

I thought at first she said "chitlins" The whole thing does create a weird image, doesn't it? :help: :lol2:

Dang! I wish the Cowboys would have lost. ESPN and NFL network are a lot more fun when the "boys" are fighting amongst themselves. :cboy: :lol: And as bad as the "boys" are, I sure hope the Vikes get them in the playoffs. You think Tony got his bell rung with the Giants, He's gonna think He's Batman by the time Jared and the Wall get done with him. :banana: :banana:
Oh yeah :roll: We're all plowed out, NOT HAPPY :? But plowed out.

MNM I'm not familar with many of the Vikings players but I do know that if one Mr. Adrian Peterson butts heads with one of them they will definitely have a ringing in their ears. Gosh that young man is the best thing I've seen since Earl Campbell.

Lammie":2bcwlwai said:
TexasBred":2bcwlwai said:
BeefmasterB":2bcwlwai said:

Who were they playing? And who won?
When my daughter was delivered, LSU was playing UABirmingham. Basketball.

Your road plowed yet? We didn't get all the snow but the -34 wind chills. It's warmed up now -24 windchill! Hope everything is fine up there. My dad is headed up north to check his place out tommorrow, if he can even get to it! Stay warm!

idylglade1":3tx5x58e said:
Your road plowed yet? We didn't get all the snow but the -34 wind chills. It's warmed up now -24 windchill! Hope everything is fine up there. My dad is headed up north to check his place out tommorrow, if he can even get to it! Stay warm!

Where have you been idylglade!

We got the snow here too. Blizzard stuff, spent the past two days, shoveling, snowblowing and plowing snow around. Now it's just plain cold. Think I have frostbite around my eyes and my pinky finger is jammed and black and blue(no idea how that one happened). Yuck, tell the Canucks to turn off the A/C and the fan. :nod:

Busy with kids, cows and a new job. Sister got married blah blah blah! Now hopefully life will slow down a bit!

mnmtranching":3ro38au5 said:
County road is still blocked. -17 for a high today and -30 tonight. Why in the world do people live here. :help:

That's cold. Can you deer hunt in that kinda weather or do the deer just hole up somewhere? It will be bumping 80 today. Heck, I swatted two skeeters yesterday too. I reckon the reason ya'll live there are the summers make up for it. Ours are pretty tough on you.

i agree Jogeephus, I lived down in South Georgia for 2 years, that clinched the deal to move back home! When it snowed Christmas Eve we had to go around and help the neighbors unthaw all their pipes. What a mess. They said it had not snowed there in 60 some years.

We ended up with 14 inches, I think the most in the state. It all evens out we get the most snow but we get the least rain in the Summer. :???: I got most of the plowing out done yesterday little touch up today and I'm ready for the next blast. Coming on Wed or Thurs. :help: -28 out there and I had to go out already, took BL to work :cowboy: Cattle are doing fine, all get extra feed in the cold weather.

john250":1k8jjjnz said:
Lammie":1k8jjjnz said:

Who were they playing? And who won?
When my daughter was delivered, LSU was playing UABirmingham. Basketball.

I think it was either the Giants or Redskins. It was 15 years ago. Ya gotta keep warm.

i feel for all the notherners.yall got blasted by a bad deepfreeze.hope yall can get your chores done without to much trouble.

Thermostat has been stuck on 30 degrees all morning, just now getting to 32 degrees. Air is heavy with a little bit of freezing dampness falling. Just got thru tarping the water well and pressure tank and putting a heat lamp under it. Hadn't given it much thought until the water stopped running in the house. :eek: Guess I don't have enough waterleaks. :lol: Would be nice to get some rain. I'd even take freezing rain or snow. Anything that would turn to water when it hits 60 tomorrow. :nod:

Latest posts