Snowed in

Help Support CattleToday:

Tonight they were talking about freezing fog. What the heck is that? What does it do?

I will get out and break the ice in the troughs. No wait, sounds like a job for a teenager and I just happen to have one of those. I covered up the outdoor faucets last night, so we're good there.

I don't know what I'd do if I lived somewhere it did this all winter long. All this fuss for two days and then it's warm again. Hardly seems worth it.

Lammie, Up nort we know it's coming, about 1st Oct [or sooner] we winterize. Our faucets are freeze proof. waterlines drain, or are in a place they don't freeze. Insulated or min 8 ft in the ground. Still sometimes there is a problem. :cry2: -28 this morning water ran like Summertime :cowboy: We heat 100% with wood. :shock: This weather is taking down the pile fast. :help: To cold up here for freezing fog. That's the stuff that you will need to scrape off the windshield.

idylglade1":32uv9v88 said:
i agree Jogeephus, I lived down in South Georgia for 2 years, that clinched the deal to move back home! When it snowed Christmas Eve we had to go around and help the neighbors unthaw all their pipes. What a mess. They said it had not snowed there in 60 some years.

That must have been around 89 or 90. That was a weird storm cause the snow was deeper the further south you went. It was a mess. People here just can't drive in snow.

Jogeephus":2bvoxm7j said:
idylglade1":2bvoxm7j said:
i agree Jogeephus, I lived down in South Georgia for 2 years, that clinched the deal to move back home! When it snowed Christmas Eve we had to go around and help the neighbors unthaw all their pipes. What a mess. They said it had not snowed there in 60 some years.

That must have been around 89 or 90. That was a weird storm cause the snow was deeper the further south you went. It was a mess. People here just can't drive in snow.

A good many around here have trouble driving when it rains too.