SNOW

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy

Reaction score
Had a flurry of snow this morning thought nothing of it, went to see our daughter, son-in-law and the baby, they live about 60 miles from us, had a good journey down, then it started snowing where she lives and thought right time to go in case we get snow bound, journey home was horrid in a blizzard for most of the way when we got back home, there was 2 inches on the ground, and it is still coming down hard. Hate to think how deep it will be in the morning. I hate Winter and SNOW.

Glad you made it back safely. I have driven in more snowy blizzard conditions this year than I care to remember. I am one that would rather stay home than push my luck but it seems I get away from home then it gets bad. I have even had to pull into a motel and wait it out once for safety's sake. Anyway glad you made it home okay.

I understand 2 inches turned into a whole lot more. You be careful, Chris...

Alice

Alice":14t60cs5 said:

Alice

yep 2 inches is now about a foot, and we are expected to get more by the weekend. I have only been out shoveling today, the front garden and the road side so as my hubby could park the car.

i just heard on the news where yall got a pretty good snow storm.an that it shut everything down completely.an yall dont even have snow plows.

chrisy":34n4pmsq said:
Alice":34n4pmsq said:

Alice

yep 2 inches is now about a foot, and we are expected to get more by the weekend. I have only been out shoveling today, the front garden and the road side so as my hubby could park the car.

I like a woman who shovels snow. :D :clap:

We hardly ever get snow. We get stuff that looks like snow but it is sleet. The most I have ever seen it snow was maybe six or eight inches. That was when I was little and we lived on the ranch. There are pictures. Never had a white Christmas. I don't think I would appreciate a foot but a little winter white is nice.

Now that's just mean Chrisy- how can you tease us with that when we're in the middle of a ridiculous heatwave here!!!

Keren":17k3e5kg said:
I'll trade you Chrisy ...
any day Keren....I love the heat give me sunshine all the time.

Down here in London we don't have snow this bad that often, so as the Mayor said it is not cost effective to have snow plows sitting idol. and the amount of snow that fell the grit lorries could not cope, as they went around the snow was falling thick and fast and just coating what they had laid. Things seem a little quieter today and the temp is due to go up, but more snow is expected on Wednesday. Their saying it is a cold front coming in from Russia, all I can say is Russia can have it back. :lol:

Right now I would take snow,sleet or precious rain.
We are hurting for any kind of moisture.
It,s so dry here we are enlarging our ponds.
Being very carefull not to cause a spark and set the pond on fire though.
Even the cedar trees around here are so full of dust they look brown.
Just nothing green around here anymore.

Cal

chrisy":2fc1jzf5 said:
Keren":2fc1jzf5 said:

Down here in London we don't have snow this bad that often, so as the Mayor said it is not cost effective to have snow plows sitting idol. and the amount of snow that fell the grit lorries could not cope, as they went around the snow was falling thick and fast and just coating what they had laid. Things seem a little quieter today and the temp is due to go up, but more snow is expected on Wednesday. Their saying it is a cold front coming in from Russia, all I can say is Russia can have it back. :lol:

Be careful chrisy. Don't risk starting a cold war with Russia :D :banana:

HOSS":yoym455v said:
chrisy":yoym455v said:
Keren":yoym455v said:

Be careful chrisy. Don't risk starting a cold war with Russia :D :banana:
yeah a freezing cold one.... :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts