Snow tracks

Help Support CattleToday:

Dusty Britches

Reaction score
We rarely get snow so I have no idea what made these tracks. Any ideas? The one on the right is about 1-1.5" wide. The scalloping really throws me.

y4mIamTXLbXqfmHiTCzcplzowZaHguoWw00kxjM4ziEC9UgUM9DNQ08AIujRdXl8KJctX_8yKoezYEwF2md1rmx34DGmjDHOT5VVg_SOSFk9R6NDmdXqi3F-QKIaZoDiypq7ZQlUonhGR6SWzZ8-lVUXM_Mz9WovBnsmJo7GEsqIhNrEuRnbFCUe1osVbmzfkeV

Looks like a mouse to the right and maybe cat tracks on the left. Cat might have been tracking the mouse.

Vole, mice are sleeping. Unlike me.

I don't sleep good. I have horrible sleep habits... I need work on them. I go to bed just lay awake for hours. I'm not for sleep medicine. May need take up running or something to wear myself out.

One thing about snow, you can sure see what kinds of critters are around. During that last snow, I saw tracks from roaming house cats, rabbits, turkeys, deer, coyote, raccoon, skunks, possums. One morning I got threw off, thought at first there had been a turkey in the yard, but as I looked closer it had a long toe on the back. finally realized it was my wife's artwork. She had made some drawings with a stick in the snow and had a good sized bird outlined.

I don't sleep good. I have horrible sleep habits... I need work on them. I go to bed just lay awake for hours. I'm not for sleep medicine. May need take up running or something to wear myself out.
I'd just been in for a little while after pulling a calf when I posted that. :LOL:
12-2am is my normal bedtime, not the best for sure.

For those of you that go to bed late, what time do you usually get up? I usually get up at 5:00, and I need to be in bed by 10:00 to feel my best. As I've gotten older, if go to bed even earlier by 8:00 or 9:00, I feel super the next day. A good night's sleep has always been my best ingredient for a good day.

I don't think the tracks on the left are from a squirrel, squirrel tracks are normally in a grouping of 4. Could it be deer? Not many animals leave a straight line of tracks like those. I agree that the ones on the right are a mouse or a mole.

For those of you that go to bed late, what time do you usually get up? I usually get up at 5:00, and I need to be in bed by 10:00 to feel my best. As I've gotten older, if go to bed even earlier by 8:00 or 9:00, I feel super the next day. A good night's sleep has always been my best ingredient for a good day.
I am normally asleep between 9:30 and 10:00. I normally wake up between 4 and 4:30. I don't set an alarm.

I'm usually up by 6, asleep around 10PM. I stay up later in the summer, usually just because there is more to do and I often don't get back in the house until after 8.

I can get by with as little as 4 hours and feel okay, but it'll catch up to me quick after more than two days of it.

I've found that if I try to go to bed early, I just toss and turn until my normal bedtime. If I gotta get up early, I just go without the couple extra hours.

My sleep schedule is so ingrained that I couldn't sleep in if I tried.

Bed time is 10:10. I start that direction at 10:00 but it takes about 10 minutes to get everything shut down etc. I get up between 5:00 and 5:30. Generally closer to 5:00. On rare occasions I sleep until 6:00. I am retired so we don't set an alarm. The wife says has has timed me. From the time I say good night until I am snoring is as little as one minute.

Latest posts