Snow then rain.

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills

Reaction score
We got 6 or 7 inches of snow day before yesterday. Now it's supposed to be sunny and into the low 40's today, then 1-2" of rain moving in overnight during the early morning hours and tomorrow. Gonna be a mess, lookin forward to spring is a yearly tradition for me.FB9EC523-24BC-462B-A755-8715F821F1C8.jpeg

Last edited:
We had 2 + weeks with the highs below freezing. We had snow along the way. Never more than an inch or two per day. But it amounted to 8 inches of settled snow. Yesterday the temperature went up to the mid 40's. Everything turned to slush or water. But the ground is still frozen so it had no where to go. Last night it dropped down to 28. It is slick as snot out there this morning.

We had 2 + weeks with the highs below freezing. We had snow along the way. Never more than an inch or two per day. But it amounted to 8 inches of settled snow. Yesterday the temperature went up to the mid 40's. Everything turned to slush or water. But the ground is still frozen so it had no where to go. Last night it dropped down to 28. It is slick as snot out there this morning.
Be careful out on that, rough conditions to try work in for sure.

Sounds miserable. The worst I ever worked in was Western Oklahoma, on oilfield locations that were covered in brine water. Jan-March. Bitter cold, WINDY as heck, and the equipment would be ice & snow covered but the ground just slush because of the salt brine. I had spent a winter in Waukegan Illinois in the late 70s and to me Oklahoma was much colder.

Sounds miserable. The worst I ever worked in was Western Oklahoma, on oilfield locations that were covered in brine water. Jan-March. Bitter cold, WINDY as heck, and the equipment would be ice & snow covered but the ground just slush because of the salt brine. I had spent a winter in Waukegan Illinois in the late 70s and to me Oklahoma was much colder.

I worked on a dam project one winter it was one of the coldest winters we had in years neglect temperatures. I was down in a hole, standing in water, snow icy everywhere... talk about a fun time. I couldn't feel my feet or hands. I drove a pos jeep slip and slide to work, worked 10-12 hours, was more than happy to slide my butt back home at quiting time. (Excuse me...) when temperatures came up out the negative and freezing but still cold winter the next week. This woman hater I worked for was a very nice man... had me washing his crane. If I didn't freeze to death the weeks before maybe I could with washing his crane if I still could feel my fingers. Hahaha After that they hired some more guys and laid me off. Clearly sucks works a "men's job". Don't get me wrong I worked with lots of good men, but alot have the mind set woman don't work those jobs. I will tell you some those men were the biggest bunch of drama babies. I thought woman were drama. Lord have mercy. I'm the type of person on a job I stick to myself. I'm not their for drama. I work, I'll talk when needed but I'm not there to be batching and all up in everybody business. I could careless who's doing what unless you make it my business.

We had rain that changed to snow... wind blowing, icy pellets hitting the house Sunday night into Monday morning. About 6-8 inches but the ground was muddy underneath and made a mess. Night temps were 15-20 and ays were 40's. The dropped to teens Thursday night and got 3 inches of light, fluffy, blow off the porch snow. Sun had it melting and then black ice on roads last night -this morning. With temps down to 7 this morning.... Sun today and no wind so melting again. Ground still not frozen under the snow... Now calling for rain tomorrow... Going to just make it messier... Well we needed the moisture... we were in moderate drought for our area.....and the snow at least will put a little nitrogen into the ground....

I worked on a dam project one winter it was one of the coldest winters we had in years neglect temperatures. I was down in a hole, standing in water, snow icy everywhere... talk about a fun time. I couldn't feel my feet or hands. I drove a pos jeep slip and slide to work, worked 10-12 hours, was more than happy to slide my butt back home at quiting time. (Excuse me...) when temperatures came up out the negative and freezing but still cold winter the next week. This woman hater I worked for was a very nice man... had me washing his crane. If I didn't freeze to death the weeks before maybe I could with washing his crane if I still could feel my fingers. Hahaha After that they hired some more guys and laid me off. Clearly sucks works a "men's job". Don't get me wrong I worked with lots of good men, but alot have the mind set woman don't work those jobs. I will tell you some those men were the biggest bunch of drama babies. I thought woman were drama. Lord have mercy. I'm the type of person on a job I stick to myself. I'm not their for drama. I work, I'll talk when needed but I'm not there to be batching and all up in everybody business. I could careless who's doing what unless you make it my business.
Was it good money Shell?

Ken

Was it good money Shell?

Ken

I wouldn't have been there if the money wasn't good. I loved the worked, enjoyed most the people I worked with, learned alot.... that winter I thought I was going to freeze to death little cold. Ya'll should have saw me... I was real skinny back than weight 115-118 had so many clothes on I looked like the michelin man. Bahahahahaha. When I went to pick up my check in normal clothes and get some papers work signed....one the bosses looks at me than looked again, he didn't recognize me in normal clothes. Haha. I wish I had a hidden camera of his face expression it was priceless. He said something about how I looked much different in regular clothes than work clothes. I imagine so I didn't have my Michelin man outfit on and look 600 pounds. Bahahahaha.

Latest posts