Snow sucks (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
We got a light dusting of snow last night and today:

Snow09001.jpg

Mustang for Sale, you pick up.

Snow09003.jpg

Another Mustang on the left (in case you didnt' notice), wife's suv in the middle and my Bronco on the right.

Snow09007.jpg

Mushrooms?

Snow09009.jpg

I can handle drifts up to the center of the grill on flat ground, even plowed thru one up to the hood. But add in a hillside and I'm stuck.

Snow09010.jpg

Best 30 grand I've ever parted company with.

Snow09013.jpg

Pushing cow paths.

Free snow, you come get it.

Howdy neighbor! When did you and that pretty wife of yours move north? Should I pop on over and show ya how to build a snowman? :D

MistyMorning":2dy85hkx said:
Howdy neighbor! When did you and that pretty wife of yours move north? Should I pop on over and show ya how to build a snowman? :D

How bout you pop over here and show me how to get rid of it!

cfpinz":32lbn7az said:
MistyMorning":32lbn7az said:

How bout you pop over here and show me how to get rid of it!

Looks like that blue unit is moving it around pretty well. Up in these parts we stick chains on those wheels. Want me to Fed Ex ya some? :D

Which side of Blue Ridge are you on? I talked to my brother in Lynchburg Va early this morning and he said they had about 1 foot and suppose to snow all day. I'm sure they got hammered to.

curtis":14hepncw said:
Which side of Blue Ridge are you on? I talked to my brother in Lynchburg Va early this morning and he said they had about 1 foot and suppose to snow all day. I'm sure they got hammered to.

I'm on the same side as he is, about an hour north of him. Right at the base of Afton Mountain.

MM - Send the chains. I've wrapped log chains thru the wheels for makeshift chains if there's much ice, but can't really justify a set of full chains. We only get really heavy snows like this every 5 to 10 years.

Welcome to Canada........ :p

I am glad you are OK to post these for everyone as that is a heck of a snow fall and a real blower ... I hope all is well and that everyone is safe.

Now you can make Snowmen for Christmas.. :santa:

MistyMorning":2y4na8l0 said:
Maybe you could incorporate the margarita theme cpinz is wanting and borrow a grass skirt to toss on the snowman. Don't imagine you will have a hard time finding a grass skirt at pinz's house.

Pinz, you could clear snow like men up here do ~ send your wife out with a shovel and point to places that she missed....

Yikes! :shock: Now that is some snow! Hope the power stayed on and you are well provisioned and can just stay in and cozy up once you get the critters cared for.

Snow margaritas, now there's a good use for snow.

Glad your doing all right. That is some snow storm you got. I wouldn't mind getting even half of that, moisture is moisture.
You can thump my cousin in Penn. he wanted 5 feet of snow. Silly man. ;-)

You'll see the results of this major snow storm that went up through the north east in 9 months.

spoon":2pyob2x4 said:
Just fire up the bronco and go snow wheeling! :D

I spent the whole day plowing out neighbors and ended up checking cows and feeding as it got dark, already got a list started for tomorrow's plowing. We took the Bronco out after I got done this evening for some fun. Just put a new set of 31" Mud Kings on it a couple weeks ago, but it's got open diffs. I found a couple backroads that hadn't been plowed yet and ran the crap out of it, I LOVE 600 dollar trucks! I'm not certain because the snow had melted and crusted this evening, but I think my ton truck did a little better than the Bronco. Must be the extra weight of the bale truck. I've been wanting to get an old Early Bronco and fix it up for wheeling, the wife is all for it after this evening's ride.

cfpinz":2iphu58r said:
spoon":2iphu58r said:
Just fire up the bronco and go snow wheeling! :D

I spent the whole day plowing out neighbors and ended up checking cows and feeding as it got dark, already got a list started for tomorrow's plowing. We took the Bronco out after I got done this evening for some fun. Just put a new set of 31" Mud Kings on it a couple weeks ago, but it's got open diffs. I found a couple backroads that hadn't been plowed yet and ran the crap out of it, I LOVE 600 dollar trucks! I'm not certain because the snow had melted and crusted this evening, but I think my ton truck did a little better than the Bronco. Must be the extra weight of the bale truck. I've been wanting to get an old Early Bronco and fix it up for wheeling, the wife is all for it after this evening's ride.[/quote]

Mrs Cfpinz sure sounds like keeper, last trip to town with hubby after our huge storm and I can still see my finger prints on the passenger side.. :help:

Latest posts