Snow in spring

Help Support CattleToday:

MRRherefords

Reaction score
We were building fence, getting the spring pasture ready for the pairs and now all the snow hits. Already have over a foot with up to another foot expected. Thus March in Pennsylvania, 58 degrees Monday and over a foot of snow today. :roll:

We had that here about a month ago. Over 60's one week, snow on the ground two weeks later. Thankfully, the calves held out and stayed in that warm, dry womb.

Yeah, welcome spring?????
We had 70's in Feb after frigid single digits in Jan. Then it would be 60 one day, 25 the next. Last week we got 4+ inches after a few nice days of 60's.
Had beautiful weather Sunday and Monday and now 6 plus inches on the ground and still snowing although it is supposed to be letting up. Sun is trying to come out. What ever happened to winter coming in Nov/Dec and staying winter until late Feb/early Mar then spring poking her head out and normal April showers bringing the May flowers and grass and hay....???

We got a couple of inches. I like all seasons, but I have to admit that I'm ready for some spring weather.

MRRherefords":23fz6s31 said:
We were building fence, getting the spring pasture ready for the pairs and now all the snow hits.
Already have over a foot with up to another foot expected.
Thus March in Pennsylvania, 58 degrees Monday and over a foot of snow today. :roll:
Spring snow is a blessing. Replenishing ground water in a gentle manner as it melts, so much better than a gully washer.
The same for snow after seeding.

Alternating weeks of hot and cold and windy most of the time, everything greens up then get a killing frost. Same thing every year. Pretty soon it'll just be hot all the time.

Latest posts