Snow Icecream

Help Support CattleToday:

Pickles Dillman

Reaction score
You may find this hard to believe but it snowed here again today...A FREAKIN LOT!
No place left around here to plow the stuff so we had to start eating it!
We took one gallon of fresh snow
1 cup of sugar
2 1/2 cups milk
1tsp. vanilla extract
put it all in a big bowl and mixed it with a big spoon until it was creamy.
CAUTION! Eat it slowly! My gul dern brain is still froze up!

We used to do that when I was a kid. My sister made us stop because of all the crap in the air gettig stuck to the snow. It probably isn't any more polluted than anything else we eat.

We used to do that alot too. We liked it. We also made a version of it in the summer, minus the snow, of course. We mixed the milk, sugar and vanilla and stuck it in the freezer for awile.

Pickles Dillman":k3mu5v62 said:
You may find this hard to believe but it snowed here again today...A FREAKIN LOT!
1 cup of sugar
2 1/2 cups milk
1tsp. vanilla extract

I've never heard of that before, when you get done eating all of your's, I've still got plenty around here that you can have.

Now that's the first thing I've heard that snow is good for.

And if you can come up with something that cold is good for??

Except running the river on snow mobiles. :cowboy:

Toby L.":308nk11g said:
Pickles Dillman":308nk11g said:
1 cup of sugar
2 1/2 cups milk
1tsp. vanilla extract

I've never heard of that before, when you get done eating all of your's, I've still got plenty around here that you can have.

Man Toby! My belly is full to the throat latch!! Im afraid your gonna have to pick up a spoon and do some of your own snow grazin for a while! LOL! Maybe if we put together a big enough snow icecream party we could clean up the north country some and spring would have to get here finally! :lol:

you got that right pickles.you just cant beat a good batch of snow ice cream.an yes i live in texas.an i had snow ice cream years ago when i was little.if it snowed enough my grandma would make me an pappa a big bowl.an we would all eat till we was sick.

bigbull338":33fjgnmk said:
you got that right pickles.you just cant beat a good batch of snow ice cream.an yes i live in texas.an i had snow ice cream years ago when i was little.if it snowed enough my grandma would make me an pappa a big bowl.an we would all eat till we was sick.

Just remember "snow is not yellow". ;-)

Well, I CAN say I live north ENOUGH to have grown up on snow ice cream. However, I recently ran across something else I thought was really neat...you take maple syrup and boil it to a hard-ball stage and then run outside and "drizzle" it in the snow. It hardens realy quick into "squiggly's" of maple candy. Pretty neat all the things you can do with snow. Also heard instead of using milk, vanilla & sugar mixed with snow that you can also just open a can of sweetened condensed milk and mix it with the snow for ice cream too....

Wisteria Farms":23agqupd said:
Well, I CAN say I live north ENOUGH to have grown up on snow ice cream. However, I recently ran across something else I thought was really neat...you take maple syrup and boil it to a hard-ball stage and then run outside and "drizzle" it in the snow. It hardens realy quick into "squiggly's" of maple candy. Pretty neat all the things you can do with snow. Also heard instead of using milk, vanilla & sugar mixed with snow that you can also just open a can of sweetened condensed milk and mix it with the snow for ice cream too....
Mom used to do that but the snow was brought in a bowl to drizzle the syrup over...Good stuff.

Latest posts