Sniping!

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Here's a topic just especially for those of you that insist on taking potshots at each other.
By keeping it here I won't have to read it thinking that maybe there is something of value.

dun

dun":34jy9ccf said:
I won't have to read it thinking that maybe there is something of value.

You promise you won't be just a little bit tempted to check it out? Anyway, how do we get it started? I'm sure you've noticed that just like in the real world, these things evolve from a natural progression of conversation. Like having an "Arguments Only" table in a coffee shop. Nobody's gonna go in there and be the first one to sit down by himself or herself. At least we don't do that down here. Do y'all do that up North?

Texan":322jamy2 said:
I'm sure you've noticed that just like in the real world, these things evolve from a natural progression of conversation.

exactly. like yesterday, for instance, the discussion between myself & eric. personally, i don't know that our discussion fits under the "sniping" heading because, while i'm not sure about eric, not once did i feel offended. it was just a discussion & while i did use the "p" word once, i wasn't calling him one :) . standing alone it didn't exactly fit under the "political cows" heading, but was a natural progression from that original topic.

I understand what you mean about progression of discussions but I'm not sure I'd relate the word "natural" to the progression of the Political Cows topic. It seemed more like going to a comedy show and watching a mud pit fight breakout. On the other hand I don't guess that anyone should be to surprised by political discourse ending up in a mudslinging contest.

TxAg....not once was I offended by anything you or anyone else has said! I believe you are entitled to you viewpoint, and rather or not you agree with it, I hope you feel I am entitled to mine! You are not the culprit, but there are a couple of folks in here, whom can't post without resorting to name calling or ridiculing.

I was shocked upon reading your post in the political cow topic, but I also got a good laugh out of it as it just wasnt something I expected you to say, being a female and all! Maybe that made it especially good natured, knowing you can dish it out and take it.

Heck, between Michelle and yourself, anyone can now figure out why so many country songs have been written about Texas women!! You guys certainly speak your mind, and while I dont agree with you, I certainly respect your right to do so.

dun":3rc50pc6 said:
Here's a topic just especially for those of you that insist on taking potshots at each other.

Nobody else in here but me, Dun. Now what do I do?

Not sure if this is the proper place for this. I guess since it could be considered by some to be a personal attack.......

A blond pushes her BMW into a service station and tells the mechanic it just died for no reason and then headed off to wash up.
He works on it a few minutes, cleaning the carburetor, and has it running smoothly by the time she returns.
Pleased to have it repaired so quickly, she asks him, "So, you know, like....what's the deal?"
He shrugs and replies, "Aww...just c.rap in the carburetor."
"Well, okay I guess. If you say so," she says. "Like.....how often do I need to do that?"

I'll try to get this started. eric and gp78 are ultra liberal, texan MP and la4 are ultra conservative, oldtimer likes r-calf, dun is a crotchety old phart that talks to much, ollie doesn't like epds, frankie raises black angus, Jake is young. Americans are greedy Candians are whiners. Bush is the right/wrong man for the job, but kerry is just plain wrong.
W Ridge only has a one word vocabulary.

Does that give you folks enough to get started with?

dun

dun":18wwcdjc said:
I'll try to get this started. eric and gp78 are ultra liberal....

Dun, this ain't fair! I'd like to get in on it, but you've forced me to argue with you and take up for Eric. I don't consider him ultra liberal and since he is a businessman, I hate to see him lumped in the same category with GP! Does businessman count as name-calling?

Texan":kkdgzaup said:
dun":kkdgzaup said:
I'll try to get this started. eric and gp78 are ultra liberal....

Dun, this ain't fair! I'd like to get in on it, but you've forced me to argue with you and take up for Eric. I don't consider him ultra liberal and since he is a businessman, I hate to see him lumped in the same category with GP! Does businessman count as name-calling?

Depends on the business I suppose. Car salesman, probably.

dun

Dun...........better to be a whiner and a fighter, than to be someones doormat. :lol: :lol: :lol: .

I quess I have a problem I don,t take sh*t off anybody. :)

Have a great day Dun

Now dun isn't youth a good thing? and wouldn't my youth also imply that y'all shouldn't believe a thing I say or think I know a hoot about anything and that I need at least 15 or more years under my belt to know anything? So escentially wouldn't that mean that my youth should just nulinvoid my input all together therefore leaving me out of the available for potshots catagory? :lol:

Jake":1mk90rp9 said:
Now dun isn't youth a good thing? and wouldn't my youth also imply that y'all shouldn't believe a thing I say or think I know a hoot about anything and that I need at least 15 or more years under my belt to know anything?

well, jake, i would normally be nice & say "no way, we've seen that you are a very knowledgeable poster" but since this is the "sniping" thread, i won't say it.

as for Beefy & Cherokee, dun forgot to mention me, too, but i guess my being mentioned in the poem by our talented anonymous poet makes up for it. :roll:

Latest posts