Snares

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
Neighbor has a snare set in a net fence on our property line where coyotes crawl under. Is it legal to set a snare on the property line?

Laws like that are state specific. If you have a concern about non-target animals like your dog then by all means your neighbor should move the snare. Snares used to be illegal in our state but now we can use them for furbearers.

dun":1j62lyv0 said:
cowboy43":1j62lyv0 said:
Non-speaking neighbor 50 year family feud
In that case call the sheriff or game warden and ask them

Or walk up to him shake his hand and end the fued. 50 years is a long time to hold a grudge.

cowboy43":80ty7uw9 said:
Neighbor has a snare set in a net fence on our property line where coyotes crawl under. Is it legal to set a snare on the property line?

Yep he can trap or snare on his property. One of the few effective ways of reducing yotes and fido problems.

If a fence is exactly on the property line, whose property is it on ? is it mine, his or neutral property or an imaginary line ? The snare is in the fence so whose property is it on?

3waycross":2yxrqk0f said:
dun":2yxrqk0f said:
cowboy43":2yxrqk0f said:
In that case call the sheriff or game warden and ask them

Or walk up to him shake his hand and end the fued. 50 years is a long time to hold a grudge.
Only takes one side to perpetuate it, takes two sides to stop it

cowboy43":wz483b6p said:
If a fence is exactly on the property line, whose property is it on ? is it mine, his or neutral property or an imaginary line ? The snare is in the fence so whose property is it on?

Do you have something against Coyotes?

cowboy43":3ru5502e said:

Property line is his also. If the fence is on the line its his also and you can't remove it even if you put it up.Whats the beef sounds like you are looking for problems.

cowboy43":3ifup4y9 said:
How sad ! And I bet half the people involved can't even tell you what its about after 50 yrs. I would be taking some fresh steak or maybe some fresh catfish , pecan pies work good also, over to my neighbor and getting this worked out. Sounds like someone needs to be mending a relationship more than stiring it up over snares in the fence. I kind of like it the way it is around here we help each other and take time out of a busy day to stop in and say hi TRY IT IT WORKS OUT REAL GOOD