snapping turtle soup

Help Support CattleToday:

I may try that.. I was thinking of making something a little thicker and creamy like clam chowder thickness... Know what I mean?

Cut it up and batter it heavily with seasoned flour and pan fry it in some oil then add some wine to it when its done and this will form a thick gravy. Add the rest of the stuff as you build it from there.

Jogeephus":2lggack3 said:
Cut it up and batter it heavily with seasoned flour and pan fry it in some oil then add some wine to it when its done and this will form a thick gravy. Add the rest of the stuff as you build it from there.
just reading that makes my mouth water lol

I have ate turtle quite a bit in China but they were more like a greenhead type. I refuse to eat a nasty snapper. It is all I can do to keep them thinned out of my ponds with my trusty .22. I just can't bring myself to look on them as food.......more like the enemy...LOL!

HOSS":2accpqyb said:
I have ate turtle quite a bit in China but they were more like a greenhead type. I refuse to eat a nasty snapper. It is all I can do to keep them thinned out of my ponds with my trusty .22. I just can't bring myself to look on them as food.......more like the enemy...LOL!
Great minds think alike Hoss. Pretty sure they eat a lot of little fish (yeah I know--any fish that gets eaten by a slow asx turtle deserves to die) but mine have gotten smarter. They used to just swim around in the open. Now, after the night of The Great Turtle Massacre, the survivors pop up their heads just long enough to gobble up some catfish food and down again anytime I'm sitting on the dock. Ya gotta be fast at target acquisition. I'm not so fast anymore. BUT, I noticed something. If I drive by on the tractor in the sunny afternoon, they just sit on the surface and pay me no mind--they don't see that tractor as "the enemy" so now I go out, throw out some fish food, and then drive down and sit on the running tractor and shoot 'em at will.

Coonasses wll tell ya "there are 7 different kinds of meat in a snapper". Saw a guy cut one up once--nasty nasty nasty!. Some of the meat was blue. I normally ain't up to eating any meat that's blue, but I tasted it--pretty good, but nnot something I would want to eat as a meal. He cooked it in a red gravy--a sauce picante he called it--like this one:

http://www.realcajunrecipes.com/recipes ... nt/560.rcr

Latest posts