SNAKE!!

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
There was a 7ft Rattlesnake with 11 rattles killed in a backyare in Manor!! "Bout 20 miles from here,but that's MUCH too close! :shock: :help:

peg4x4":1jmv2c61 said:
There was a 7ft Rattlesnake with 11 rattles killed in a backyare in Manor!! "Bout 20 miles from here,but that's MUCH too close! :shock: :help:

I haven't seen one that big in a long time. He must have been an old timer.

One place said 7ft,one said 5 ft . looked more like 12 ft to me!

7ft is a big one. Biggest I've ever run across personally was a 6'4" diamondback. It looked 20 foot long. When I see these things I immediately think of a demon. Been real lucky this year and have only run across a couple but we are about to get into the season for them to be crawling.

BTW - the other day I stepped on a cicada or a locust. It vibrated its wings under my foot and I just knew I was on one. If you heard the faint cry that sounded much like a scared woman Monday about 2 oclock - that was only me. :oops: :lol2:

I don't have any trouble with snakes. I figure I can run faster on dry land than they can crawl through poop. :lol:

Took my newly wed SIL and hubby down to the land cut south of Corpus a few years ago fishin'. SIL had to pee just as we were about to turn in one night. Already shut the generator down but it was a beautiful moonlit night. Hubby told her to hang it off the front porch. She went out and started screamin' bloody murder about a snake on the ground. We got up ...No, first, let me say she tends to over react sometimes, and walked out on the stoop and sure enough there was the biggest rattle snake I'd ever seen. He (she) wasn't all that long but it was about as big around as my arm. Had 13 rattles and a button. Dad gum head was almost as big as my fist. If that rascal had bit someone down that far from civilization I hate to think of the outcome.

Too bad they couldn't catch it, and put it into a zoo, let the youngsters see one that old.

GMN

GMN":1zwbkwya said:
Too bad they couldn't catch it, and put it into a zoo, let the youngsters see one that old.

GMN
Yeah,but someone had a shotgun...Me,I'da been on the roof trying to shoot it!

Latest posts