Snake den

Help Support CattleToday:

rattler

Reaction score
Had railroad tie's around the house for for the wife a folwer bed they have been their for 8 years in that time frame i have killed 1 snake in the last 2 day's i have killed 4 2 in the same tie they were hollowed out the snake's were in them well they ain't their no more can't stand a snake in the feild let alone around the house.

rattler

A few years ago we had a rattlesnake den under an old pack house. When you walked on the floor they buzzed like a thousand hornets. Plowed a firebreak around the house and torched the thing. Problem solved.

rattler":199yfkjs said:
Had railroad tie's around the house for for the wife a folwer bed they have been their for 8 years in that time frame i have killed 1 snake in the last 2 day's i have killed 4 2 in the same tie they were hollowed out the snake's were in them well they ain't their no more can't stand a snake in the feild let alone around the house.

rattler

Dont let Ryder here about this. His fear and loathing of snakes is well documented on these boards!

Well Mr joo now that sound's like a safe way to cure the problem.My father/in/law caught a purty good size canebreak 2 weekend's ago in front of his house think he said it was about 50 inche's long big around as his wrist.

Lammie i can't say as i blame Ryder for haveing a fear of snake's cause i got one of them myself hate em the only good snake is a dead snake...

rattler

One day last week, Dad went to check on a piece of our timber property. When he was unlocking the gate, he looked down the road about 30 feet and saw a rattler laying in the sun. All it took to send the snake to its reward was a couple of whacks with the hoe he had in the back of the truck. Dad cut the end of the tail off. It had 9 rattlers and a button.

Nowland Farms":1gxbmpju said:
One day last week, Dad went to check on a piece of our timber property. When he was unlocking the gate, he looked down the road about 30 feet and saw a rattler laying in the sun. All it took to send the snake to its reward was a couple of whacks with the hoe he had in the back of the truck. Dad cut the end of the tail off. It had 9 rattlers and a button.

Nowland Dad done Good.

rattler

you guys have nothing to worry about! australia, home to some of the most poisonous snakes in the world. i was a well conditioned snake hunter at an early age.

funny story,
my mum comes home one day and theirs a snake on the veranda. a nice big tiger snake (vicious things...). she's got 3 small kids in the car and a big bag of carrots. so what does she do? starts throwing carrots at the thing trying to scare it away. finally it goes away and mum can take the kids in the house.

Dad comes home later from work (he was shearing at this time and over here a contractor will bus people to and from properties) and him and the rest of the shearing team see all of these damn carrots all over our veranda and driveway.
"Brad... what the hell is wrong with your mrs?"

Rattler, my compliments on a job well done. :clap:
Jogeephus, compliments to you as well. :clap:
Nowland, my best to your Dad. :clap:
Good girl Aussie. Keep up the good work.

Lammie, my loathing far outweighs any fear. :mad: I detest the detestable creatures.

Green Creek-SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP :!:

aussie, I'm glad we don't have the snakes you have. I've seen some of them on the Discover channel and they look pretty bad. Which one is the worst and which poisonous do you encounter the most?

Jogeephus":1s15a4hg said:
aussie, I'm glad we don't have the snakes you have. I've seen some of them on the Discover channel and they look pretty bad. Which one is the worst and which poisonous do you encounter the most?

the worst ive had to deal with is a tiger snake. but we get dugites too which are more poisonous but more inclined to slither away as oppose to attacking. the winners are the king brown and the taipan. luckily, the taipan is only over east. but the brown is a close second.

Ryder":3lp4gpn1 said:
Rattler, my compliments on a job well done. :clap:
Jogeephus, compliments to you as well. :clap:
Nowland, my best to your Dad. :clap:
Good girl Aussie. Keep up the good work.

Lammie, my loathing far outweighs any fear. :mad: I detest the detestable creatures.

Green Creek-SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP :!:
:roll:

Latest posts