smoothing a hayfield second question

Help Support CattleToday:

east_tex

Reaction score
Hello. I have asked this before but have not been able to plow, disk, drag smooth and old Coastal Bermuda hayfield which is now mostly a Bahia field because here in Walker County Texas (approx. 70 miles North of Houston), we have had so much rain that I cant get in the field to do it. There is rain in the forecast and I may not be able to get in the field until the grass begins to come out of winter dormancy. So my question is if I smooth the field by method of moldboard, disk, drag after the grass begins to grow how long will it take to get a sod re-established? Any comments appreciated. Thanks in advance.

east_tex said:
Hello. I have asked this before but have not been able to plow, disk, drag smooth and old Coastal Bermuda hayfield which is now mostly a Bahia field because here in Walker County Texas (approx. 70 miles North of Houston), we have had so much rain that I cant get in the field to do it. There is rain in the forecast and I may not be able to get in the field until the grass begins to come out of winter dormancy. So my question is if I smooth the field by method of moldboard, disk, drag after the grass begins to grow how long will it take to get a sod re-established? Any comments appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I used to harrow my fields every year.
It created aeration and smoothed the field. I usually did it soon as nighttime temps started hanging at 60 degrees followed with fertilizer. Had great looking hay fields.

This is a homemade harrow

Latest posts