Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non-Smoker

• Former Smoker

• Total voters

cfpinz

Reaction score
Just wondering what percentage of people here are smokers.

Wife and I went to a public function last week (I don't get out much) and were amazed at the number of folks smoking.

cfpinz

I smoked for ten years, and quit a little over eight years ago. The biggest thing Ive noticed is how bad it smells. When I was smoking I couldn't smell it.

I hate to say it...but i've been smoking for somewhere around 56 years...my older brothers got me started on it when I was about 7, so I couldn't tell on them and get them in trouble...Also been dippin for probably 50 years or so...I've tried to stop both, but when I stopped smoking...I started dippin more, when I stopped dippin, I started smoking more...just couldn't quit both...I reckon it's too late to quit either one of them now anyways

Ive been dipping for almost a year now. Its a nasty habit, but I enjoy it for some reason. There have been several new studies that do say that there is no direct link between smokeless tobacco and mouth cancer though, so that is one less thing to worry about. It said the top causes of mouth cancer are cigarette smoke and alcohol.

TxCoUnTrYbOy":2mqt0hyy said:
Ive been dipping for almost a year now. Its a nasty habit, but I enjoy it for some reason. There have been several new studies that do say that there is no direct link between smokeless tobacco and mouth cancer though, so that is one less thing to worry about. It said the top causes of mouth cancer are cigarette smoke and alcohol.

There may not be a direct link but, you should still worry. I had a good friend whom I worked with for years. Ronald always had a "Pinch between the cheek & gum". After 20 years or so he developed mouth and gum cancer. After several rough surgeries to remove saliva glans, parts of his gum and jaw bone" he was only a shell of the man he was at one time. He went from about 6'3", 235lb down to 165lb. The surgeries made it very difficult for him to eat. Because of the difficulity in eating it would take him 30 minutes to eat a sausage biscuit.

Ronald also use to joke about it not causing him any harm.......

I'm not busting your chops, because I don't have any right too. I'm just letting you know what I've seen with my own eyes, by watching friend my friend went through. It's your decision, just consider what the out come could be.

Its a rare thing to see people smoking at anything public up here. The smokers usually excuse themselves and go outside for that refreshing 'puff', but their is getting to be fewer and fewer of them. Its now a lonely thing to be a smoker. Heck I remember being able to smoke in bed in a hospital room, and ordering a seat in the smoking section of the airplane. Times, they are a changing....

I smoked for 10 years and have quit for 6. I got tired of the huge amount of money I paid for them, in Canada they are taxed heavily. They are now about $10.00 a pack here. I quit when they went over $6.00 I think it was. I couldn't believe how much better I felt after quitting.

Recently there was a law passed in Washington state, that banned smoking in public buildings, private businesses, places of that sort. A person must be 25 feet from the door or ventilation system. Even though I quit smoking more than eight years ago I don't agree with the law. A private buisness owner should have the right to decide if their establishment is smoking or non.

I'm not a smoker, neither is the rest of my folks. Besides, my dad's allergic to smokers, and one of my aunts are too.

Started smoking at 15 and quit last summer at 62. Had smoked as many as 5 packs a day at one time. Last June I just quit smoking one day and never thought anything about it. In late August I was diagnosed with lung cancer, but smoking has never tempted me since I had quit.

TxCoUnTrYbOy":6phnnoln said:
There have been several new studies that do say that there is no direct link between smokeless tobacco and mouth cancer though, so that is one less thing to worry about.

I wouldn't bet on it.

cfpinz":3d6ssodo said:
TxCoUnTrYbOy":3d6ssodo said:
There have been several new studies that do say that there is no direct link between smokeless tobacco and mouth cancer though, so that is one less thing to worry about.

I wouldn't bet on it.
These studies were probaly made by bacca chewers and snuff dippers.

la4angus":3qsbflvm said:
cfpinz":3qsbflvm said:
TxCoUnTrYbOy":3qsbflvm said:

I wouldn't bet on it.
These studies were probaly made by bacca chewers and snuff dippers.

...or more likely US Smokeless Baccer...

Latest posts