Smoke sucks. (with a few pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy":3ixele00 said:
Wewild":3ixele00 said:
Terrible pictures Beefy.

The first cuttings of hay are coming in at 1/3 to 1/2 of normal here.

I thought about crying about all of ours situation. But decided the good would be too localized and provide no relief for any of us even if I did it outside.

i think we should all get together and have a good cry. maybe sing a song...

I had the hardest time enjoying our rain yesterday, just kept thinking about you and your situation. Let me know if it gets down there, it seemed to be blowing that way. Almost spanked the kids for whining about their ball games getting canceled.

Jogeephus":b4rcxi02 said:
You know, most people who are not in agriculture do not realize how something as ordinary as rainfall can make or break you. Or how the lack of rainfall can destroy or set back years of work and planning.

They may notice a little if it gets bad enough the fairways harden up or the greens get rough! :lol:

You guys make food?? I thought the Walmart guys just went out in the wharehouse and plucked more food as needed!
:lol:

aplusmnt":1r3i1hwj said:
Were does all the smoke come from? Are you guys having lots of brush fires currently?

Here is a picture taken Thursday by NASA. Red dots are active fires.

FireLocation.jpg

aplusmnt":3jnd2hm4 said:
Pretty bad mess. Wonder how many square miles that concentrated area of fires is.

We are getting their smoke even here.

Sure wish those guys would put out those danged fires.

Smells like one big BarBQue pit there.

Just kidding. We are having the same drought as Georgia Florida and it ain't fun.

Beefy,

Please keep you South Georgia smoke in your area ;-)

This morning at 7am, it was clear as a bell. By 9am it was so smokey you would have thought we had our own fire. But the strange thing was that the smoke had little or no smell to it. It was so smokey here that everything looked like you pictures and we are 300+ miles from Waycross GA.

Dear Lord, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, please let it rain.

I'm sick of it!!!!!! Can't stand to go outside anymore. Been breathing this mess since February and its starting to get me. Had to by cough medicine this week. :mad:

i watched it come in this afternoon. for a second,i thought it was a big storm cloud. it was like a sandstorm you see in the movies like hidalgo or the mummy. i watched it come in thru an opening in the trees like a swarm of locusts. before i knew it it was all around me. i coughed.

Mr. Jo, your smoke is starting to get to me. today i was out fixing fence and i swear i heard a pixie laughing at me.

Beefy, I think I'm gonna need one of those padded rooms. Deep well went dry today at the house. Can't use the AC cause I have a water source heat pump. Can't open the doors cause of the ##$#@ smoke. Just sitting in the house sweating.

Heard a rumor that the high might break up this weekend and allow for a chance of rain. I hope this is true.^2

well i'll believe that when i feel it and can measure it. its looked rainy as heck every day for a week or so. i even saw rain falling somewhere south of here one time. my new tactic, since i'm fencing down in the creek, is to accidentally leave one of my good tools behind in a place it could easily get washed away.

Beefy":e6yk8p3p said:
well i'll believe that when i feel it and can measure it. its looked rainy as heck every day for a week or so. i even saw rain falling somewhere south of here one time. my new tactic, since i'm fencing down in the creek, is to accidentally leave one of my good tools behind in a place it could easily get washed away.

You could hire me to come strip and wax your floors at the house, barn etc.....Everytime I schedule a strip and wax job it rains. I have a big two day job scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday I have had it scheduled for almost two months now and as sure as can be we have rain forecast for both of them days.

aplusmnt":1e7dfeug said:
[You could hire me to come strip and wax your floors at the house, barn etc.....Everytime I schedule a strip and wax job it rains.

Aplus - Is waxing not a job you can do with your clothes on!!

Not getting good visuals on this aplus! Even under the smoke effects I doubt Beefy or Jogee need that treatment. Course, Beefy is hearing "pixies"!

:lol: :lol:

On the bright side, the blueberries are coming in and the copper tubing has been unfurled so when the Blueberry Medley creeps ever so gently down the pipeline - all these problems will seem trivial - at least for a few hours. And I'm sure in those blissful hours, we will all come up with some fantastic solutions to these problems if not to the world's - only to be lost in the morning fog. ;-) :lol: :lol:

well, today is by far the smokeyest day so far. i'm for real having lung problems now. but on the bright side i only had 3 cows out this morning!! woohoooo. (so far)

Hey, whats this smoke doing here in Northwest Alabama. Your right, it does suck...... Haven't seen your cows tho.......

looks like alabama might get a little shower today. good for yall.

I knew it!! The snake thing don't work, but cutting hay yesterday did.... I'm torn, but I think I'll take any moisture that comes this way....

Beefy":4h9m4aws said:
well, today is by far the smokeyest day so far. i'm for real having lung problems now. but on the bright side i only had 3 cows out this morning!! woohoooo. (so far)

I got pleurisy now. Feels like someone stabbed me in the side with a t-post. Visibility has been pretty low for the last few days. I'm about to lose my religion!!!!

Latest posts