Smoke in the air

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
It is sort of hazy today. It has that look of smoke from a ways off. So I looked it up on the computer. One lightning fire about 25 miles south of here that is 4,000 acres. A bigger fire south of that which started of unknown causes but started right along highway 26. That fire is up to 20,000 acres. Those were based on the reports from this morning. They are zero percent contained so I am sure they have grown since this morning. The smaller fire is about 7 miles out or so right in the middle of this picture. No structures in danger. Just fence, range land, and any cows that they don't get out of the way. The big fire is the other side of the distant ridge in the picture. Maybe a little to the left.

My crew member that went to near you working for Greyback Forestry got sent to California with a tanker truck yesterday. Looks like they are needed there.

kenny thomas said:
My crew member that went to near you working for Greyback Forestry got sent to California with a tanker truck yesterday. Looks like they are needed there.

I just heard on the news that the record high heat and dry lightning has created several fires and they are no where close to getting them under control in CA becase of high winds. Right now they said they were trying to protect houses

That same storm that caused problems in California has been pushing up here. Sunday evening we had a lot of lightning but it had rain with it. Last night it was just dry lightning. That little fire toward Ironside was a lightning started fire. There is supposed to be a chance of lightning again tonight. The rains in the late spring caused a bunch of grass growth. It is now all extremely dry. Lots of fine fuel for a fire.

we had a fire start here Tuesday on a ridge, they got on it fast and put enough retardant on it it didn't flare up over night, it seems to be out now, but there's another fire in Pemberton that really smoked things up yesterday, it's only listed at 50 acres but "out of control"