Smartphone replacement

Help Support CattleToday:

CowboyRam

Reaction score
It looks like I am going to have to upgrade my smartphone. My son tried to call me the other day and he got the out of service message. I went into talk with my Union rep and she looked up to see what was going on; it turns out my phone can't use a GSM network. So I am now going to have to find a new one. I prefer the rugged phones, the hard part is choosing one that is not overpriced. I found one that I like the price, but the dang thing is made in China. My current phone is a Kyocera duraforce pro 2, and it is make in Japan. Not even sure there are any that are made here anymore.

Not sure what you consider expensive for a phone...
I always go for what I want not necessarily cost. I don't want settle for something and know I really wanted something else. 🙃 I have a android it's not consider rugged but it's pretty tough as many times I've seen my children throw it across the room or drop it on concrete. 😬

Yeah, you aren't going to find one made in America.

I have had a bunch and they all had issues of one sort. I have a Pixel 4a now that I like quite a bit, but the battery is kind of lackluster.

I think $1000 phones are largely a waste of money. A $400 phone will do everything that I need it to do.

Yeah, you aren't going to find one made in America.

I have had a bunch and they all had issues of one sort. I have a Pixel 4a now that I like quite a bit, but the battery is kind of lackluster.

I think $1000 phones are largely a waste of money. A $400 phone will do everything that I need it to do.
I won't buy no $1000 phone. I don't really need one that cost $400, I don't have to have all the latest bells and whistles.

I had to give up my Kyocera too, they (TMobile) gave me a Revvl V+5G POS that is only slightly better than a tin-can and string. My Kyocera was at least 4 maybe 5 years old and had been thru the war and never missed a lick.

Something I need as mine is not much. Getting harder everyday to not carry around a smart phone. The one I have I forget it everywhere I go as I am not use to caring one and it is a POS besides.

Something I need as mine is not much. Getting harder everyday to not carry around a smart phone. The one I have I forget it everywhere I go as I am not use to caring one and it is a POS besides.
Check out Cricket. Owned by AT&T. Works great in your area and my phone was free. About 1/2 price of Verizon with much more service.

[/QUOTE]

It all depends on what you want your phone to do and how much you use it. Mines well over a $1,000....couch $2,000. Phones have become mini laptops in our hands, cameras, videos cameras, all compacted in to one tiny little convent gadget we can do so many things or wast so much time.

If we were talking about a bull, truck, tools, guns, fishing rods, boats, ect. Money would be a thing. 😆 Just all depends on what you want to use the phone for.

I enjoy having the more expensive cameras on a phone and videos. Not so much the phone. I could buy a separate camera and a phone but than I'd still be out that much money and having to carry 2 things around.

In our area cricket doesn't work, only in town. Same with At&t... being the same company. I used to cuss them. 😆🤡😡🤬

Check out Cricket. Owned by AT&T. Works great in your area and my phone was free. About 1/2 price of Verizon with much more service.
Were can you get these phones? The new cell towers around here I heard support these. Are they prepaid or contract?

In Middleboro in the small strip of stores where Ryan's used to be. Guess it's called prepaid because it's taken put of my account at the beginning of the month. They are owned by AT&T so it works off their towers.
I drove down Hardy Creek a couple days ago and didn't loose signal.
Best part was it's 1/2 price of Verizon. Look for package deals and get your wife a new phone for Christmas since the phone is free.

It all depends on what you want your phone to do and how much you use it. Mines well over a $1,000....couch $2,000. Phones have become mini laptops in our hands, cameras, videos cameras, all compacted in to one tiny little convent gadget we can do so many things or wast so much time.

If we were talking about a bull, truck, tools, guns, fishing rods, boats, ect. Money would be a thing. 😆 Just all depends on what you want to use the phone for.

I enjoy having the more expensive cameras on a phone and videos. Not so much the phone. I could buy a separate camera and a phone but than I'd still be out that much money and having to carry 2 things around.

In our area cricket doesn't work, only in town. Same with At&t... being the same company. I used to cuss them. 😆🤡😡🤬
[/QUOTE]

Exactly
It's a phone, a computer, a entertainment system, a navigator, a dictionary, a compass, a voice recorder, a camera, a appointment book, a phone book it goes on and on. A 1000.00 is a bargain for what it does.

Well I finally had to get a new phone; Union forced it on me. When I got up this morning I didn't have any single, so I went in to see what was going on. Ended up getting a Samsung, because that is what they had, and I didn't want to go several days without a phone. I ordered a protecting case for it; I have never busted a phone, but I have always bought the rugged phones in the past. It seems that these phones keep getting bigger, I'm going to have to buy a new holster for it as well.

Latest posts