Smart Phones, Multimedia Phones????

Help Support CattleToday:

L.A.

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I'm ready to renew my plan, easy right?
I'm offered several types and brands of phones, so now I don't even know I want.
Whats the difference, Smart & Multimedia?
Is smart usually worth the extra plan?
Phones are things like; Droid, Droid Eris, Lg Chocolate, Touch, Env*, Blackberry, and ect.
Any suggestions or experience? :?: :?: ;-)
Thanks,
L.A.

LA I'm sure we all have different needs.....I use the Blackberry Pearl Flip Phone but also use the cheapest plan I can get....my wife loves her I Phone. A lot of folks just want a phone that they can make a call on.

I just got the new Blackberry 8530, my first bbry. So far I am happy with it.
Biggest strength - it has a touchpad instead of the aggrivating tracball and a very easy to use keypad.
Biggest drawback - camera does not have a flash, so if photos are important to you, look at a different model.
I played around with the Droid Eris, and liked it, but it just seemed way too advanced for me. I don't need the latest, cutting edge technology and a million apps.

Make sure you get one you can do a google search on while you're talking. Just in case one of the contestants on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" uses you for a life line.

farmwriter":3mpyje9j said:
I just got the new Blackberry 8530, my first bbry. So far I am happy with it.
Biggest strength - it has a touchpad instead of the aggrivating tracball and a very easy to use keypad.
Biggest drawback - camera does not have a flash, so if photos are important to you, look at a different model.
I played around with the Droid Eris, and liked it, but it just seemed way too advanced for me. I don't need the latest, cutting edge technology and a million apps.
i must not either,, i aint even got a cell phone

TexasBred":5pni5wfp said:
A lot of folks just want a phone that they can make a call on.
Yup, don;t even want it to take pictures or text

L.A.":1qshx8ur said:
Hey Guys,
I'm ready to renew my plan, easy right?
I'm offered several types and brands of phones, so now I don't even know I want.
Whats the difference, Smart & Multimedia?
Is smart usually worth the extra plan?
Phones are things like; Droid, Droid Eris, Lg Chocolate, Touch, Env*, Blackberry, and ect.
Any suggestions or experience? :?: :?: ;-)
Thanks,
L.A.

Huh? now I know I'm behind the times.

Larry

TexasBred said:
LA I'm sure we all have different needs.....I use the Blackberry Pearl Flip Phone but also use the cheapest plan I can get....my wife loves her I Phone. A lot of folks just want a phone that they can make a call on.[/quote]

That would be me. There are a few features I would like, maybe phone that would work for the full length of the contract or maybe a battery that would stay charged all day and not have to be replaced every nine months.

Larry

i have to get a new one too.
my requests?
something dropable and waterproof.

Beefy":3sl0tcyb said:
i have to get a new one too.
my requests?
something dropable and waterproof.
They're all dropable. As to if they'll work afterwards, that's the trick part

I use my phone as a phone. I used to have a flip phone but the last time I got a slider because it was smaller but never again. My next phone will be a flip phone. Also, I'm going back to a nokia or a motorola, all the others are junk in my opinion.

I have a Blackberry Pearl. They only problem I have with it is I think they are had to change the setting on, like the ringtones and such.

If you want a phone for business, look at the palm or blackberry products. They are based off MS software and there is usually a mobile version of any software you need. I just got a BB tour because of work and the need to manage 1500 or so contacts and got tired of taking the laptop everywhere.
If you just want a phone to play with the HTC, droid and I phones are probably want you want. More apps but from what I saw far less business oriented.

I've got the Env 2. I do alot of texting and I love the flip open keyboard for that. It is pretty togh cause it survived being in possesion of a labarador puppy for two days. He carried it off into the culvert under the driveway to use as a chew toy.

Latest posts