Smart Phones and Texting

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Those smart phones are amazing. But beginning today it will be illegal to text while driving in Georgia. One of my high school helpers learned that texting in the sort pen isn't smart. Especially if you have butterfingers. It would seem to me that the smart phones are much smarter than some of their owners but then again this boy is much smarter today than he was yesterday so maybe they aren't that bad afterall.

Heard a commercail on the radio yesterday for a smart phone of some sort. It struck me that phones today have thousands of times the processing power and memory now then the computers that we used to land men on the moon.

dun":36blxmlt said:
Heard a commercail on the radio yesterday for a smart phone of some sort. It struck me that phones today have thousands of times the processing power and memory now then the computers that we used to land men on the moon.

Some of the technology amazes me. Recently I was hog hunting with some guys and they had gps collars on their dogs and we could see where each one of them was on a little screen. One fella had a smart phone and he punched in one app and we were able to see where we stood on an aerial photo. Definitely made for a good hunt when you spend your time hunting hogs rather than dogs.

Even with all that technology I doubt my bunch could have made it to the moon. Making it out of the swamp was good enough for me. :nod:

Jogeephus":3k5qcw8k said:
dun":3k5qcw8k said:

Some of the technology amazes me. Recently I was hog hunting with some guys and they had gps collars on their dogs and we could see where each one of them was on a little screen. One fella had a smart phone and he punched in one app and we were able to see where we stood on an aerial photo. Definitely made for a good hunt when you spend your time hunting hogs rather than dogs.

Even with all that technology I doubt my bunch could have made it to the moon. Making it out of the swamp was good enough for me. :nod:
i bet it would at that,,, but i miss the old days when you would scout for em,, today its like shootin' fish in a barrel

Jogeephus":zykxphth said:
...But beginning today it will be illegal to text while driving in Georgia...
Missouri lawmakers passed a law last year making it illegal to text while driving in Missouri ---------- if you are under the age of 21! :roll: I know that teens are much more likely to be texting but give me a break! Having sent one text message in my life (accidentally replied to one) I personally don't want to worry about some 30 or 40 year old texting and driving while I'm goin' down the road, eatin' a sandwich, changin' the radio station, lookin' for my lighter, talkin' on my cell phone, mindin' my own business! :shock:

fit2btied":2sr262wu said:
Jogeephus":2sr262wu said:
...But beginning today it will be illegal to text while driving in Georgia...
Missouri lawmakers passed a law last year making it illegal to text while driving in Missouri ---------- if you are under the age of 21! :roll: I know that teens are much more likely to be texting but give me a break! Having sent one text message in my life (accidentally replied to one) I personally don't want to worry about some 30 or 40 year old texting and driving while I'm goin' down the road, eatin' a sandwich, changin' the radio station, lookin' for my lighter, talkin' on my cell phone, mindin' my own business! :shock:

A few years ago I came upon a car on I-75 that was weaving all over the road. I pulled along beside the woman to pass her and she was knitting a sweater while driving! :shock: Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I seriously doubt you can regulate stupidity.

I don't do texting,can't see any reason to text when you can talk.Guess I'm just behind times,but texting just don't make sense.

Cal

what scares the bejesus out of me is the number of alleged professional drivers in 18 wheelers driving with a phone firmly clasped to their ear while going thru town.

When I used to drive it took me at least two hands and sometimes three to steer and shift those things.

I was sitting at a light the other day when a guy on my right at the intersection in an 18 wheeler turned left around me and he was steering and shifting with one hand while talking on the phone on the other.

Whose day do you suppose he could have screwed up the worst? but fortunatley he missed me. I did not have time to get a number to report his poor driving. I was busily wiping out the seat of my wifes car.

then there are the young and not so young gals who don't drive so much as ride their car like a horse.

they like to lean with it in the turns and do the sliding stops into the parking lots.

On fire and at a gallop to get where they are going and then spend ten minutes sitting in the car organizing their life and putting stuff back in the war bag and puting all the stuff away that they were using while riding.

Had one like to have run over my old butt in the walmart parking lot this morning. Screetched into a parking spot and Then sat there for five minutes furiously packing.

pdfangus":12iuytcd said:
then there are the young and not so young gals who don't drive so much as ride their car like a horse.

they like to lean with it in the turns and do the sliding stops into the parking lots.

On fire and at a gallop to get where they are going and then spend ten minutes sitting in the car organizing their life and putting stuff back in the war bag and puting all the stuff away that they were using while riding.

Had one like to have run over my old butt in the walmart parking lot this morning. Screetched into a parking spot and Then sat there for five minutes furiously packing.
One banged into us a few nights ago.
At least she said she was sorry and admitted to the insurance company that it was her fault.
She was a pretty little gal---and blond. :???:

Calman":nzniehmo said:
I don't do texting,can't see any reason to text when you can talk.Guess I'm just behind times,but texting just don't make sense.

Cal

I use to think this too, but now it is kind fo fun. i text my sister, when I just want to say hi, but don't have time for a long call, same with my son, I'm not that great at it, as I don't knowthe young kid lingo, but I do think it is a nice feature.

GMN

I recently was sent some pictures of a driver that was texting while driving. He veered over the center line in front of a big truck. The car was unrecognizable but they guy was in two pieces. These were from the accident scene. Far to gruesome to forward but I've kept the pictures. They make a great reminder in my head whenever I'm driving and my phone rings. :help:

gimpyrancher":311x5qek said:
I recently was sent some pictures of a driver that was texting while driving. He veered over the center line in front of a big truck. The car was unrecognizable but they guy was in two pieces. These were from the accident scene. Far to gruesome to forward but I've kept the pictures. They make a great reminder in my head whenever I'm driving and my phone rings. :help:

THOSE PHOTOS OUGHT TO BE ON BILL BOARDS WITH THE CAPTION OF TEXTING WHILE DRIVING.

just checked and my phone is where it needs to be....
at home on the charger....
won't cost me 6 cents a minute today.....
virgin Mobile pay as you go.....
obviously I don't use it much

Latest posts