Small pleasures

Help Support CattleToday:

I travel from mon-thurs each week and by the time I get home I have had it with everything. I get up on friday morning and go out and check my cows and calves and ride my four wheeler out into the middle of them and turn it off. Big bertha will always be the first to come check me out along with some of my other favorite mama cows,and by then some of the calves have crept there way up to me sniffing around on me and the four wheeler. It is within these few little moments, that every bad plane ride, rental car, business meeting, a--hole customers, motel clerks from he-- and the worst case of acid reflux, COMPLETELY vanishes from my mind and body. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only who gets such healing from their cattle, thought I was kinda strange!

"But for you who reserve my name, the sun of righteousness will with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall." Malachi 4:2

There's nothing I enjoy seeing more than a coulple of calves with a gut full of warm milk on a sunny day just run and jump and kick like it's goin out ouf style.

Speaking of pleasures, I just love to see new born animals, the calves butting each other, the foals racing, the kids and lambs hoping around, the crias sun bathing, spring is great!
Ellie May

Latest posts