Small countryside uruguayan show (2 more pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Hi,

Yesterday I went to a small show in the countryside, I took some pictures, not very good quality pics but... :cboy:

In a few days I will post more and better pictures. I asked a photographer friend of mine that was there to send me some.

dur.jpg

dur1.jpg

dur2.jpg

dur3.jpg

dur4.jpg

dur5.jpg

dur6.jpg

L

Nothing like the dark red color of a dark red Hereford. Notice the color of the Hereford to the other reds.

wow, those are some great animals and good pics. You have some nice animals in your area!

I really like the first herefordbull (I assume the first three pics is the same animal?) and the smaller red angus heifer. Very high quality at that show.

Thanks for your words gentlemen, for us, a small southamerican country between two giants like Brazil and Argentina is always nice when foreign and knowledgable people apreciate what we do.

Knersie !!! hahahah, yes it is the same animal, it also caught my atention and I took several pictures of him.
I returned home early so I don't know which one won but tomorrow I will have more pictures and the hereford winner will be there..

Do you know that tomorrow morning I am receiving Mrs. Jan Wills at my facilities, she is the President of the World Hereford Council, she is from new Zealand. She will visit our lab and our AI Center, then we will have lunch, so I will prepare her a good hereford asado (braii for you ;-) )

A little bird told me that "some people" are working to change some countries vote for the this year Council for open RSA books.. ;-)
But it seems our american friends are not very fond of doing that... :secret:

Take care

Lorenzo

Knersie,

One more picture of that bull (well I think so, but I am not so sure know.. :oops: )

h.jpg

This one is another bull

h1.jpg

L

Hi Jeanne,

Asado is a barbacue !!!

About RSA I was told that they are working for inscribe their pure hereford as pedigree, they have puro por cruza (pure by cross or something similar in english).... In the past some countries has voted against that including my country. Not because there is nothing wrong with their herefords, sadly it's just politics.. :(

L

Lorenzo":26dztrqx said:
Hi Jeanne,

Asado is a barbacue !!!

About RSA I was told that they are working for inscribe their pure hereford as pedigree, they have puro por cruza (pure by cross or something similar in english).... In the past some countries has voted against that including my country. Not because there is nothing wrong with their herefords, sadly it's just politics.. :(

L

Lorenzo
I think puro por cruza is like what we call "Breeding Up" If I am right all of the purebred BLACK Gelbvieh's we have would be puro por cruza as they are almost all 94% pure with the Black Angus crossed in to change the color. Someone will surely correct me if I am wrong.

Howdy my friend,

Thanks for the elk fight picutres !!!!!!
They were really cool :clap:

L

Lorenzo":xtg2ofol said:
Hi Jeanne,

Asado is a barbacue !!!

L

That's been on the cards worldwide for some time. If you asked me 5 years ago I probably would have felt different about it, but my registered herd is up to the number of animals I want and it took alot of investment in time work and money.
So I am against it, but do see the merit in that.

It's not quite the same as the breeding up scheme as these animals will have to be pure hereford genetics and they will have to be verified by a DNA test as pure hereford to be in contention and even from then on the already proven pure animals will still need to be bred up for I think 4 generations if I remember correctly.

BTW SA Herefords tested the most pure of all the countries that participated in that worldwide DNA testing scheme two years ago.

There are a lot of very old herds where the bookkeeping has been done the same as any registered herd and the animals do have known ancestries, but the original stock brought in from the UK 100 years ago wasn't registered or other registered herds that were discontinued and the animals all descending from registered stock just hasn't been bothered to be registered by the next generation, etc. is the target herds.

The same applies for the British Poll Hereford that was bred up from Galloways in the 1950's, they also want to be accepted in the herdbook.

Do you know that tomorrow morning I am receiving Mrs. Jan Wills at my facilities, she is the President of the World Hereford Council, she is from new Zealand. She will visit our lab and our AI Center, then we will have lunch, so I will prepare her a good hereford asado (braii for you )

Jan Wills visited here last year, interesting lady. I met her briefly at a show, she recommended Ottawa Commodore to quite a few breeders as an AI sire... I rest my case.

And its braai.

I can contribute nothing to the hereford conversation but I have been fortunate to visit braais on several occations in SA and namibia and had boervoors and meat from some tuli and sanga cattle. really nice! The only asado I tasted was also nice but it was here in sweden and cooked by immigrants from argentina.

I was suprised to see what nice cattle those are. I really expected to see Bhraman types. How hot does it get? And was that one black a Black Angus?

Latest posts