Slutty Heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

TheBullLady

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure one of my show heifers snuck out and got in with the bull. She's nine months old, and there's a possibility she could be 3 months bred.

What is the dosage for aborting her with Lutalyse please? Honestly.. the cows I can't get bred, but the one heifer I keep does. :?

TheBullLady":2pwv7bwb said:
I'm pretty sure one of my show heifers snuck out and got in with the bull. She's nine months old, and there's a possibility she could be 3 months bred.

What is the dosage for aborting her with Lutalyse please? Honestly.. the cows I can't get bred, but the one heifer I keep does. :?
At 3 months you would want to use both lute and dex. Check with your vet on dosage since you'll need to get the stuff from him anyway

Estrumate I find is more effective and is the prostaglandin drug of choice for us and our vets . It is 2 cc's of Estrumate and 10 cc's of Dex.

Watch for heat, if she hasn't had one in a couple of weeks ,, repeat .

Thanks for the help! I have lute and dex, don't have Estrumate. I think I might just haul her to the vet's... 72 miles away. *sigh*.. she's a really good heifer, but I don't want to screw her up.

It says on your bottle or in the pamphlet that came with the bottle ; or you can go to there web site like I did . ;-)

Lutalyse Sterile Solution Dosage And Administration

Cattle: To control estrus, to treat subestrus, pyometra, and mummified fetus and to induce abortion or parturition administer 25 mg (5 mL) intramuscularly.

Give her 5 cc's Lutalyse IM and 10 cc's Dexamethasone IM. Then you need to watch that she aborts if bred and/or comes into heat .

Latest posts