1 lb lean Texas Longhorn ground beef.
1/2 cup brown sugar.
1/2 cup finely chopped green peppers.
1/2 cup finely chopped white onion.
1/2 tsp. Lemon Pepper.
1/2 cup Ketchup.
1/2 cup Honey BBQ Sauce.
1/4 cup Pace Hot Picante Sauce.

Brown ground beef and chop it up good while cooking. Add other ingredients. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes to combine flavors.

Eat on bun with some sharp cheddar cheese on top of sloppy joe stuff.

Thanks for sharing the recipe, my wife and I both really like sloppy joe's and it's a quick easy meal. Although you forgot to add slice of sweet onion also. I've been thinking about trying a homemade recipe rather than a package or can of sloppy joe sauce for a while. But I do have one question if you don't mind? Can I ....... Well, I was wondering if ..... I just want to know ....... Can I use Hereford beef instead of Longhorn? :lol: I will keep the recipe on file, thanks!

Merry Christmas!

The only thing i see as missing is mustard. Just about have to have some mustard in a Sloppy Joe

Alan":2xnvg9y1 said:
Thanks for sharing the recipe, my wife and I both really like sloppy joe's and it's a quick easy meal. Although you forgot to add slice of sweet onion also. I've been thinking about trying a homemade recipe rather than a package or can of sloppy joe sauce for a while. But I do have one question if you don't mind? Can I ....... Well, I was wondering if ..... I just want to know ....... Can I use Hereford beef instead of Longhorn? :lol: I will keep the recipe on file, thanks!

Merry Christmas!

Yes. Just make sure your beef is 92% + lean and you drain any grease off before adding the other ingredients.

Thanks for your comments and have a Merry Christmas!

Latest posts