Slippery OT?

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Saw the weather guys saying you had a freezing rain today.
Alot of our snow has melted in the last couple of days, but the wind switched and everything is now freezing solid.
Husband biffed it twice today due to the ice, got a couple of bruised elbows from it.

I broke sweat feeding yesterday. It was lovely and dry. Very humid and warm today. I think the temp is supposed to be near 80. Bad hair day.

I luv herfrds":27d8xa2i said:
Saw the weather guys saying you had a freezing rain today.
Alot of our snow has melted in the last couple of days, but the wind switched and everything is now freezing solid.
Husband biffed it twice today due to the ice, got a couple of bruised elbows from it.

Yep everything is a coat of ice...You know Montana weather- it was rain, snain, snow, ice pellets--a little of everything with temps in the teens....Then last night the wind changed from the east to the NW and blew 30+ mph- snowed and in some areas (northern part of the county) drifted everything in solid..The ice here saved us from much drifting down here on the river...

I see this morning that almost every Highway in NE Montana is either closed or emergency travel only (severe driving conditions)... :roll:

Tomorrow the temps are supposed to be near 30 and sunny- so maybe the ice will go---But then they are saying another arctic front with temps diving back down in the deep freeze- 10-20 Below :(
I am getting a little tired of this winter...

Kids were late getting to school on Wednesday. All roads going into town were closed due to black ice. Was in town Tuesday night and it was raining then snowing and then snain.
Heard that a snow plow had to turn around and back up a hill because he couldn't make it going forward.
Husband got the D-4 Cat out on Thursday and moved the drifts around the buildings and the hay stacks.
Was chasing deer out of the hay on both Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

I luv herfrds":1qdpwp8t said:
Boy.... I read this part and I just got a knot in my stomach.... I hope that there's no lasting pain... I just hate slipping on ice... I won't even go ice skating anymore.... Intentionally
I went down hard last year ice fishing... I just layed there doing a self inventory.... Toes... Ankles... knees... Until I was sure that most everything was still working...
Chuck

I have very much respect for people in the colder climate. I don't see how you stand it. I got cold today while turning the cows onto winter pasture and it was 40F. Hardly ever snows here either. Mud is the big problem.

Hubby tore a tendon in his ankle years ago on ice. He forgot the crampons for his boots. Ended up in an air cast for a few weeks.
He is just bruised on his elbows this time. We just don't bounce as well as we used to and the pain lasts longer too.

40 degrees boy that would be a heat wave for OT. He is still in the cold. Got pretty nice here today, suppose to snow again on Wednesday though.

No question is stupid, it's stupid to not ask if you don't know.

A crampon is used in mountain climbing. It is attached to the toe and heel of your boot with straps. It is formed in a half circle that fits on the heel and toe. It has spikes that bite into the ice and keep you from slipping. The newer ones have some pretty wicked spikes, the older ones look like funny teeth.

I luv herfrds":2ryj9vxl said:
Hubby tore a tendon in his ankle years ago on ice. He forgot the crampons for his boots. Ended up in an air cast for a few weeks.

Air cast, eh... Should have taken him dancin' while he was light on his feet! :D

Kenny he takes them off because he skates on cement with them on.

Chuck he can't dance anyway, so I don't think it would have helped much.

Lammie":30hc1f0g said:
I broke sweat feeding yesterday. It was lovely and dry. Very humid and warm today. I think the temp is supposed to be near 80. Bad hair day.

You have no idea how envious I am !

It has warmed up a ton here - I think on the plus side of things today...but wow, blowing snow like crazy on the drive to work today!

It is like plowing snow with your 4X4 - with NO BLADE! LOL!
begging.gif

Latest posts