Slightly Used Gate for Sale **PICS**

Help Support CattleToday:

cherokeeruby

Reaction score
Best offer accepted.

used_gate_1.jpg

used_gate_2.jpg

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":15izzrwo said:
Crazy ornery brahmans. Thought you said yours were docile?

Usually gentle, she wasn't coming after me, just trying to get out of the corral. Gentle does not necessarily mean obedient.

Got a gate like that. 1800 lb. Brangus bull that didn't want to go to town. Extra heavy duty one from the Co-op solved the problem.

is there something wrong with that gate? we're talking bout the red one, right?

I had one of those kinds of gates. Got bent the same way - angus didn't like the corral. Being the cheap kind of guy that I am, I pondered what to do. Figured it out - laid it on the ground and ran over it a few times with the back wheel of my tractor. It finally straitened out enough to use again. Saved a few dollars.

We have a gate that looks sorta like that, too. Ours
was created by a local yokel who took exception to our
No Trespassing sign. The sign was attached to the gate.
The rascal drove right through it....this was the second
time....Not enough gate left to put back up.

I like that gate, I usually take two of them turn one upside down. Tie em up with baler twine. Works great! Got em tied up everywhere. Real purdy too. :roll: :idea: :roll:

jw":2u7x8loc said:
I had one of those kinds of gates. Got bent the same way - angus didn't like the corral. Being the cheap kind of guy that I am, I pondered what to do. Figured it out - laid it on the ground and ran over it a few times with the back wheel of my tractor. It finally straitened out enough to use again. Saved a few dollars.

:lol: :lol: Same deal here! That wouldn't by any chance have been an Angus with the tag #49 was it? If so, I don't know anything about her or her attitude.
Tractors come in handy for straighteneing out a bent gate.

Katherine

That wouldn't by any chance have been an Angus with the tag #49 was it? If so, I don't know anything about her or her attitude

I wondered why the tag had been altered!!! Now I know!!

No, actually I'm in Texas, so I'll not hold you responsible!!

She was a gentle girl, just had claustrophobia.

I've got at least one that looks like that too Ruby! Mine was scaled by a Simbrah though.. my Brahmans try to go under the gates! :cboy:

Was trying separate some cows yesterday. I had a crazy one that I wanted to ship with some calves. I got them down to two cows in the pen. The "non crazy" one decides to charge me. Not once, not twice, not three times, not four times, not fives, but six times before I managed to get her out of the pen with the crazy one. :lol:

Guess which cow goes next trip? Guess which cow would have went yesterday if she hadn't had a two month old calf on her?Guess which cow would have went anyway if I knew which of the calves was hers?

My cow stick across the nose didn't deter her much. My hotshot to her neck as she charged just made her more aggressive. Fortunately after the first few charges I was able to get the head gate open on the squeeze chute and used it for a quick escape the last couple of times. I managed to escape with only a three inch scrape on my forearm.

Beefy":1aoj96wy said:
is there something wrong with that gate? we're talking bout the red one, right?

It looks good to me too Beefy. Doesn't even look like it's been straightened before. One good thing about those corral gates, a fat man like me can straighten em just by stepping on 'em. Straightened out 1 last week that wasn't as lucky as yours. Several 600 lber's went through ours, mangled it pretty bad. Worst part was, not only did they go through the panel, the took down the fence on either side also. :mad:

You were lucky, don't keep tempting fate next time. Go in the house get some Iced Tea, give her some time to calm down after the first charge. Also, pen the calves away from cows so you can tell which one is hers and ship them both, even if you are out there at 3am loading.

flaboy-":6nhhoivv said:
Was trying separate some cows yesterday. I had a crazy one that I wanted to ship with some calves. I got them down to two cows in the pen. The "non crazy" one decides to charge me. Not once, not twice, not three times, not four times, not fives, but six times before I managed to get her out of the pen with the crazy one. :lol:

Guess which cow goes next trip? Guess which cow would have went yesterday if she hadn't had a two month old calf on her?Guess which cow would have went anyway if I knew which of the calves was hers?

My cow stick across the nose didn't deter her much. My hotshot to her neck as she charged just made her more aggressive. Fortunately after the first few charges I was able to get the head gate open on the squeeze chute and used it for a quick escape the last couple of times. I managed to escape with only a three inch scrape on my forearm.

Latest posts