sliding barn doors

Help Support CattleToday:

Herefordcross

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good website that shows sliding barn door design and offes the hardware for sale. Local places have a very limited supply of the National Brand of sliding door hardware

If you have the room to slide a single 16' either way I would go with a solid instead of a split door, less hardware and you dont have a bracket or post in the center for the doors to latch to on the bottom.

haase":3bfeiikw said:
If you have the room to slide a single 16' either way I would go with a solid instead of a split door, less hardware and you dont have a bracket or post in the center for the doors to latch to on the bottom.

On our split doors we just latch the two sides together and then latch each end to the door frame post.

dun

dun":2a3681tj said:
haase":2a3681tj said:

On our split doors we just latch the two sides together and then latch each end to the door frame post.

dun

I have one 16 ft wide, 14 ft tall doorway.
I did what dun did, it is alot easier to open and close two 8 foot doors.

Just make sure you don;t do like the moron that built the workshop/machine shop on this farm did. The end door opening is 20 feet, the doors are exactly 10 feet each. I had to modify them and the door opening to get a weather proof closer on them.

dun

Latest posts