Sleep Apnea

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
I was diagnosed with sleep Apnea. Any one on this board have it and what did you do for treatment and how well did the treatment work.

Everyone I know who was tested for sleep apnea were diagnosed as having it. Most wear a mask at night that supplies oxygen. I hear positive feedback from those who seek treatment. They feel more rested and more energy.

My sister had it extremely bad and had to have a bi-pap machine. May have saved her life.

My wife has been on the bi-pap for about 18 months now and says she doesn't know how she got by without it. Hers was really bad like rollin hills says. I can tell a big difference in how she feels if she doesn't sleep with the mask for one reason or another.

My elder brother has it. The PAP mask helps tremendously. The doctor seriously recommended that he loose weight...lots of it.

herofan":1hcav1gs said:
What are the symptoms that first cause you to see the doctor?

Being tired and worn out during the day. Falling asleep when every you sit down. Some people go to sleep at a traffic light stop. Feeling tired after being in the bed all night being forgetful. These are a few. I just blamed old age on the problem. I suspect if every one did the sleep study that are older you would find out more would have sleep apnea.

hurleyjd":1dnh0x8v said:
herofan":1dnh0x8v said:

Being tired and worn out during the day. Falling asleep when every you sit down. Some people go to sleep at a traffic light stop. Feeling tired after being in the bed all night being forgetful. These are a few. I just blamed old age on the problem. I suspect if every one did the sleep study that are older you would find out more would have sleep apnea.

Thanks for the information. I'm getting to the age that I try to blame things on it, but I don't have any of those symptoms, so I guess I don't have sleep apnia yet.

herofan":3exra3m5 said:
hurleyjd":3exra3m5 said:
herofan":3exra3m5 said:

Thanks for the information. I'm getting to the age that I try to blame things on it, but I don't have any of those symptoms, so I guess I don't have sleep apnia yet.

Snoring is a big tip-off. The added tissue in the back of the pallet drops down when you sleep and thus the apnea.

shaz":30lmkaki said:
My sister had it extremely bad and had to have a bi-pap machine. May have saved her life.

A friend of mine had to move his daughter out of state. He forgot to take his machine with him. He died.

herofan":2ds7vph6 said:

My wife snores. Gentle snores but she stops breathing in her sleep. I listen to ensure she starts breathing again. It is scary.

Its amazing how many people use them. When we go on hunting or fishing trips or what ever every one rolls their machines in. You can hear them all night like Darth Vader but its better than people snoring or sounding like they are choking to death. The guys I know claim they work.

I have a whole pack of ear plugs in my travel bag. :)

Brute 23":2n8vl9qf said:
Its amazing how many people use them. When we go on hunting or fishing trips or what ever every one rolls their machines in. You can hear them all night like Darth Vader but its better than people snoring or sounding like they are choking to death. The guys I know claim they work.

I have a whole pack of ear plugs in my travel bag. :)

A few years ago, I was on a Boy Scout trip and we camped in a very large cave in our area. There were about 75 scouts and 20 leaders and one guy went to sleep and kept snoring so loud it kept us all awake for a big part of the night!

sstterry":22owebnt said:
backhoeboogie":22owebnt said:
herofan":22owebnt said:

My wife snores. Gentle snores but she stops breathing in her sleep. I listen to ensure she starts breathing again. It is scary.
You need to get her to a Dr.!

She has gone, spent the night and had the sleep study. They had a number wrong on her insurance I.D. and it caused a mess that is finally resolved. Not sure what they are going to put her to using but I am anxious.

Sleep apnea isn't nothing new, it's been around since man, maybe even before. My dad has snored, stopped breathing, gagged while sleeping his whole life. I can't think of a single family member that has died because of sleep apnea. Just more proof TV commercials work.

True Grit Farms":32mwenlu said:
Sleep apnea isn't nothing new, it's been around since man, maybe even before. My dad has snored, stopped breathing, gagged while sleeping his whole life. I can't think of a single family member that has died because of sleep apnea. Just more proof TV commercials work.

your full of it, maybe they died from some of the things caused by sleep Apnea

Latest posts