Slay Herbicide

Help Support CattleToday:

tnwalkingred

Reaction score
All,

The local CO-OP sells a herbicide called Slay that is used to control broadleaf weeds in clover food plots. It's expensive but if I'm correct you could spray your pastures with this to control broadleaf weeds without killing your clover or grass. Have any of you ever tried this product in a cattle pasture?

KW

Looks like this herbicide is also called Pursuit. I see found an article where it was used for weed control in some alfalfa/orchard grass fields. Just curious why more people aren't using it?

KW

At $400/gallon it is way too expensive for pasture.
2-4d is about $30/gallon.
Remedy is $190/gallon.

Slay is just a brand name, bottled by the Whitetail Institute and sold to foodplotters with a big mark-up. As I understand it, it's basically the same as Pursuit. There are other chemicals available that work better and are more economical.

Never used it but from looking at the label you only need 4oz/ac, so it's not as expensive as it sounds even if it really is $400/gal.

JWBrahman":2lzcbjmn said:
Remedy is $190/gallon.
JW i will sell you all the Remedy you want at $150 pr gallon :lol:
And will even deliver if you take 20 gallon
I can buy it for around $75 pr gallon all day long and that is for Remedy Ultra

Thanks for the offer Angus Cowman. Those are the prices at Tractor Supply in New Roads, LA. It is a lot cheaper if you purchase in bulk.

My place is fairly improved, this year it will be mainly spot spraying on a few acres that were recently cleared. Used a combination of Remedy and Cimarron last year.
WP_20141225_11_45_22_Pro.jpg
[/url][/img]

Angus Cowman":84fo0jnq said:
JWBrahman":84fo0jnq said:
Remedy is $190/gallon.
JW i will sell you all the Remedy you want at $150 pr gallon :lol:
And will even deliver if you take 20 gallon
I can buy it for around $75 pr gallon all day long and that is for Remedy Ultra

Do any of you know if it works on briars?

The only thing I found to be really effective on briars is Surmount

JWBrahman":3heztcw8 said:
Remedy is $190/gallon.
JW, I buy Remedy Ultra all day long for $89/gal at my local TSCs, and can buy it for about $10/gal less if I drive up to the co-op.
I think your local TSC is stickin it to you unless La has some oddball kind of tax on herbicide.

You sure that $190 isn't for 2.5 gal jugs?

How many ounces of remedy do you guys put on to the acre to control broadleaves? I can't afford 2 quarts.

Full coverage is very important with Remedy. One quart is enough, probably less if you get them in the early stages. Needless to say, some weeds are harder to kill than others.

Greybeard I never shop at TSC because the prices are so hyper inflated it isn't funny. Yes, they charge $75 for a 2.5 gallon jug of 2-4d and $180 for 1 gallon of Remedy.

Maybe we should start a thread about the high prices @ TSC?

The thing that gets me is how they employ the worst of the worst people who have been fired from every other type of employment. Lady who was fired from the post office for stealing is a cashier at the New Roads location. Taking a bath before going to work is discouraged by TSC management. One of the times I went inside the sweet feed was almost a year old.

We buy it in bulk from either the Farmer's Feed Mill or a local guy who rents out seeders and sprayers. It usually runs me about $200/year to spray my entire place.

Latest posts