Slaughter- lots...lots of pics

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
I can explain this "uncommon" color being at my place.... :roll: not too much flack please. The whole thing took 35 minutes from pull up to drive out. 22 mag in the head. I hope these aren't too graphic but I always find it amazing how quick they are. The last pic is all they left for me to dispose of, about 1/2 wheel barrow of stomach contents.

Alan

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

you sure was working fast to get all that done in 40 mins.i enjoyed the pics verymuch.seeing them didnt bother me at all.

Thanks for posting those Alan. I have never been at my processors on kill day so that was fun to see. I wish I had a out fit like that so I did not have to drive so far. Do they take the carcass and package and hang it for you, or did they buy it? If you keep it do you hang it or what?

thanks, Ray

hayray":oi52gga3 said:
Thanks for posting those Alan. I have never been at my processors on kill day so that was fun to see. I wish I had a out fit like that so I did not have to drive so far. Do they take the carcass and package and hang it for you, or did they buy it? If you keep it do you hang it or what?

thanks, Ray

Thanks ray,

This outfit comes to the farm, kills, quarters and hangs the beef in their locker, then they cut and wrap the meat. The beef is calm before the kill and only leaves the place in the refridgerated truck in quarters. I'll have this guy hung for 14 to 16 days. They'll call me in a couple of day to get my cut order. In a couple of weeks, me and all the coolers I own will pick up the beef.

Alan

That is a bit different then how ours get done.
Our butcher shoots, then guts them on our place. We dispose of the guts ourselves. Butcher hauls the beef to his shop with the hide still on to protect it from the road dust. Washes it with a high pressure washer then skins and quarters it.
Pretty neat outfit they have there.

Yeah now explain the color there Alan. :D :D ;-)

We usually kill 3 to 4 a year and I wish I could do 1 that quick.They are slick at it.This year we are getting them cut at a different place and they will kill,skin,gut and quarter for $20.00 plus hide and then cut and wrap for $ ? (don't remember).There is alot of work involved so $20.00 ain't bad.

spoon":8tti2ndf said:
Now explain the uncommon color. :p

As most folks know, black is not a very common color..... :D . Long story short, I hauled a crazy heifer that I kept to butcher to the sale, she went through, over and under fences and panels. I traded her and about $30 for this Black Hereford.... Only Herefords on my place.... :roll:

Alan

Alan":2dniodb4 said:
spoon":2dniodb4 said:

As most folks know, black is not a very common color..... :D . Long story short, I hauled a crazy heifer that I kept to butcher to the sale, she went through, over and under fences and panels. I traded her and about $30 for this Black Hereford.... Only Herefords on my place.... :roll:

Alan

Where was the white face on this black hereford?

cowman30":rwzf5j04 said:
Alan":rwzf5j04 said:
spoon":rwzf5j04 said:

Alan

Where was the white face on this black hereford?

If I can figure out how to run my photo shop program..... :? :D

Alan

That's interesting. I recently was watching a show (Modern Marvels) or something similar that had a segment about an on farm abattoir. They did things a little different but had the same end result.

Latest posts