Skunkology ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Alls I know is if they spray your vehicle even if it's repaint it still shows. 🙌🏾 🦨

I think it could be an extremely valuable mutant. What is your bid?
So will you provide trucking or does the highest bidder need to bring a trailer? Just asking in general as we have plenty of the varmits around here and don't need to add to the polecat population. Had to give two dogs impromptu baths during the winter. A friend caught one as baby years ago and had it's scent glands removed. He had a lot of fun out peoples reactions to it when he would be out walking it around.

I was checking on the cows at daylight 2 weeks ago & a skunk ran across in front of the 4 wheeler. The dog just had to check it out. I saw it her sprayed in action. 2 weeks ago & she still smells like a skunk .

I was checking on the cows at daylight 2 weeks ago & a skunk ran across in front of the 4 wheeler. The dog just had to check it out. I saw it her sprayed in action. 2 weeks ago & she still smells like a skunk .
There is nothing that will get rid of the smell. Same with putrefied carcass, turkey poo & dead fish. Gotta love a Lab! Best I've done is Dawn dishwashing soap (regular blue) with peroxide & baking soda. BUT anytime they subsequently get wet, the smell reactivates. It's all bad.

We use the blue dawn dish soap to wash skunk off the dogs too. May not get it completely off but does pretty good. You would think after being sprayed and as miserable as it makes her she would learn to leave skunks alone but she has gotten it at least 4 times, twice within a few months. She is a hard headed little Heeler.

There is nothing that will get rid of the smell. Same with putrefied carcass, turkey poo & dead fish. Gotta love a Lab! Best I've done is Dawn dishwashing soap (regular blue) with peroxide & baking soda. BUT anytime they subsequently get wet, the smell reactivates. It's all bad.
Douche. My fav is Spring Eve.

We use the blue dawn dish soap to wash skunk off the dogs too. May not get it completely off but does pretty good. You would think after being sprayed and as miserable as it makes her she would learn to leave skunks alone but she has gotten it at least 4 times, twice within a few months. She is a hard headed little Heeler.
My dog really has not seemed to mind at all. Saw the skunk again early one morning before daylight & luckily she wasn't with me. I would be willing to bet she'd do it all over again, too.

My dog really has not seemed to mind at all. Saw the skunk again early one morning before daylight & luckily she wasn't with me. I would be willing to bet she'd do it all over again, too.
Our two other dogs Border Collie/Blue Heeler mixed don't seem too bothered, but their mother a Blue Heeler whines and rolls around trying to get it off her. She is tough but can be quite dramatic too.

Probably just stained. Or it has some of it essence on it. Pure quill skunk essence is a amber color.

We have a lot of skunks and I don't care much for them. I've been averaging 1 a year going through the hay mower. You talk about a stinky mess.

Latest posts