skunk oder remedies

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross":1xakeo2r said:
I am sorry Hoss but by the time i finished reading that the tears were running down my face and my belly hurt. :mrgreen:
I've heard a bit of cat shyt up each nostril first thing every morning works well.

Hope Boaz has had his rabies shots.

Ok your wife is going to hate me!
I got skunk scent on my hand years ago. Only thing that worked was taking a heavy cloth work glove that was coated with dirt grease and anything else my Dad had had it in and wore that for 3 days. Then threw the glove away. scent was gone.

My dogs got sprayed this summer and were left outside. They rolled in the dirt for hours. Dirt for some reason takes the skunk smell away.

my wife might leave me outside but those dogs are going inot the house.....after all it is my fault that the poor babies got sprayed.....

A big pot of black beans, a ham bone and onions should do the trick. Next morning, the skunk smell will be like flowers in May..

Sorry I missed this earlier Hoss .

For your carpet a mixture of Crest regular toothpaste and peroxide. Wet the carpet liberally and let sit for about an hour then steam clean with a strong carpet cleaner solution.

For Boaz, crest regular toothpaste on the dog , (will probably take 2 or 3 large tubes) so he is covered liberally then rinse and repeat another 3 times .Wash and dry as normal ,and use a really good conditioner. The smell should be gone for good after that even if he gets wet.

Limomike":7i4hgta0 said:
The remedy we have used for our dogs ( and me) to get rid of that skunk smell is this :

http://www.aaanimalcontrol.com/skunksmellremovalrid.htm

This works, but use Dawn dishwashing liquid as the dish soap, cuts the grease. Really, when spring arrives here and the skunks wake up, this works the best out of all the other remedies out there.

Latest posts