Six Month BC panning out to be the best dog I've ever seen

Help Support CattleToday:

dirtbrokepoke

Reaction score
I've got a six month old border Collie pup that I take to work on the ranch everyday. I have since he was 8 weeks old. I've never let him look at stock until this week. If you go to my profile you can find a link to my YouTube page where I'm posting some videos of him working cattle. these are the fourth and fifth time he's ever even looked at stock. I've never put one on a cow that young, but when you see him you will understand.

When I was a young man I screwed up my fair share of dogs and horses, and I'm trying not to do that here. I'm letting them take it really easy and I'm trying to slow him down, but I'd like any input anybody could give me. I greatly appreciate it!

Won't let me see it. What part of Huntsville you ranch at? I used to live north of town and out towards bedias

5S Cattle said:
Won't let me see it. What part of Huntsville you ranch at? I used to live north of town and out towards bedias
I worked on a rig drilling several wells around Bedias...back in the 80s. Nice country!

:bang: :bang: :bang: Can't post a link, but you can get there by looking below.

Go to YouTube and paste the rest of the URL, listed below, after the dot com.

/channel/UCoh5xrUk-HsiYb7Xt3RloVg

It's on FM 1791 15 minutes SW of Huntsville. Right along the edge of the Sam Houston National Forest. Try the link up top and I'll check the permissions.

It's pretty country. We have been hammered with rain for 3 months straight and it's a mess. This ranch was once a timber tract, so there's been a lot of soil disturbed and shifted in the last few years. A lot more than I would've recommended, but alas, I was not here then... Let me know what you think of my dog. He's a mess, but he's got lots of heart!

I still can't pull it up lol. I know the country you're in. That's the way I take to go to my in laws in shepherd. I bought some cows and heifers off David Moore last winter. He's right down the rd from y'all in Richards

Latest posts