Sitz Barricade solid epds

Help Support CattleToday:

Josher

Reaction score
I was just going through genex bulls and came across Barricade? Really like his epds.
Ww: 78 YW: 137
Foot scores in top 1%
HPG 17.7 Doc 22. Milk 22
Accuracies on these epds isn't very good yet because he's a young bull but right now they look good. Does anyone know anything else about this bull or have any experience? The only thing I'm not super excited about is the picture of his dam looks kinda scrubby.

I've never seen a pedigree with a line of foot scores that are all that high. Kinda wild. Looks like he'll grow big calves. keep your pulling chain handy. And yeah, as you said, low accuracies like that are virtually useless in my experience.

Bcompton53 said:
I've never seen a pedigree with a line of foot scores that are all that high. Kinda wild. Looks like he'll grow big calves. keep your pulling chain handy. And yeah, as you said, low accuracies like that are virtually useless in my experience.

I have a little more confidence in epds now on young bulls if they use genomics to get them. A genomic test is supposed to be as accurate as if that bull had 20-30 calves. I don't really know much about Sitz program and if there into genomics or not though.

I like his sire Stellar. Currently considering him for our heifers this coming spring.

Latest posts