Sitting Tight

Help Support CattleToday:

grannysoo":3m9ljbry said:
Jogeephus":3m9ljbry said:
What kind of rabbit is it?

I don't know if I'm white trash or a redneck, but my first thought was:

I'm Hungry! :mrgreen:

Been a long time since I had rabbit. I like it a lot. Now you got me hungry too. :nod:

Jogeephus":32tlpc9y said:
grannysoo":32tlpc9y said:
Jogeephus":32tlpc9y said:
What kind of rabbit is it?

I don't know if I'm white trash or a redneck, but my first thought was:

I'm Hungry! :mrgreen:

Been a long time since I had rabbit. I like it a lot. Now you got me hungry too. :nod:
I don't know about you fellers, but you rarely see a rabbit around here any more, they used to be thick .

Larry

Thats a really neat picture Randi. I am thinking if we had those around here, I'd walk past almost all without even seeing them.

Randi,

That's a prettier jack rabbit than we have around here...what very few we have left, anyway. When I was a kid my grandmother used to ride on the front of the pickup at night and shoot them, there were so many...and from what I understand, they were destructive. Maybe us kids were told that 'cause we didn't like the idea of our "Mom" shooting little bunny rabbits.

Anyway, now, I see one maybe once a year, if I'm lucky. I've decided they're victims of fire ants...nothing better to lay the blame on...

Alice

Thanks for the comment everyone.

;-) we don't eat them around here, at least not anymore. I do know that they used to.

Larry, sometimes we have lots of rabbits, and sometimes we don't hardly have any. Right now there are tons of them.

Angie, it is quite easy to walk by them. If they don't move, they look just like a rock or clump of snow.

Alice, I have never really found them to be terribly destructive. Although a few years ago, when we had a bunch of snow, they did eat away at a few square bales that we never got picked in the summer. They don't usually get shot at around here, except for cat/dog food once in a while.

cfpinz, they do turn brown in the summer, and they don't sit nearly so still then either.

The only rabbits I've ever seen are so skittish that they see you and take off in a blur!! Must be he's trying to blend in :D

that jackrabbit found it a good place to hole up for awhile.i dont know how you kept from scaring him up when you took the pic.

They think they are hiding. As long as they don't run, they are hard to see. You have to nearly run them over to make them move. We have a couple of big Golden Eagles around here, the way he is huddled in there would make him awfully hard for them to pick out. If he took off he would make a pretty easy target.

I have come over a hill just about on top of a big Mule deer buck, and he just sat there, still as can be. If they stay still they think they are invisible.

Latest posts