Sittin on the Front Porch

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
If today hasn't had enough excitement already dang Mexican Vulture's are after two newborn's.
I am sitting on the front porch with my laptop. I have seen several piles of feathers in the last hour, trying to figure out what keeps making them feathers.
Just wish I could get in shotgun range of that bunch with the plug out.

CB you should borrow the new friend you made today to watch over your cows. I believe you said her name was jennie?

M5farm":23r05bgh said:
CB you should borrow the new friend you made today to watch over your cows. I believe you said her name was jennie?

I have her sister, she pay's no attention to buzzards, now a dog better be able to out run her to the fence.

Caustic Burno":23cap1m1 said:
M5farm":23cap1m1 said:

I have her sister, she pay's no attention to buzzards, now a dog better be able to out run her to the fence.

mine are the same way with dogs. But my jennie will chase cow birds. we've been lucky this year and have only had the regular buzzards. I couldn't get a picture but the last calf I had one the bald eagles that nest on our property was eating the after birth the next day it was huge. on my route to work about 15 miles from the house there is a big swamp with some tall cypress and those mexicans are roosting there in the evenings there has to be atleast a 100 of them. I stopped at this guys house last week to tell him they were all surounding a cow in his back corner one morning.

Caustic Burno":1ohj3b2l said:
Just wish I could get in shotgun range of that bunch with the plug out.

Are yall required to keep plugs in your shotguns? I thought we were the last state to get rid of plugs in shotguns.

Those feathers are probably coming from a pillow fight. Your cows are probably the playful type and they are having a pillow fight.

Not that you would ever do this but I have heard in theory that if you shoot one of the buzzards low and just tear the gut out so as not to kill it just to spill its guts so the guts will act as an anchor the others will come back to mess with the one that is thrashing around on the ground and you can get a few more shots in at the others. Sounded rather interesting - theoretically speaking of course.

Latest posts