ROB

Reaction score
alexa is a 3 yr. old
DSCF4328.JPG

beata is a 2 yr old
DSCF4346.JPG

both will be calving this spring

ROB

Not my type cattle but they're nice I guess....The first one has a bit too much of a masculine look. The younger one is very nice.

Are you guys serious or is there some sort of joke I am not getting?

BRAUNVIEH

As always Rob, love your cattle. The younger heifer appeals to me a little more, not sure why though. I like both of them.

TB ... its a breed characteristic ... they tend to be heavier in the head and front than 'mainstream' breeds, giving you that 'masculine' look.

They both look good-of course some folks'll rip em apart if they're not a certain color. I know some guys who use Braunvieh bulls on Longhorn cows. They have a contract with someone, can't remember who, someone like Laura's Lean Beef. Anyway, they've been very successful marketing this cross, something like 500 calves a year.

Keren":23m6lnop said:
Are you guys serious or is there some sort of joke I am not getting?

BRAUNVIEH

As always Rob, love your cattle. The younger heifer appeals to me a little more, not sure why though. I like both of them.

TB ... its a breed characteristic ... they tend to be heavier in the head and front than 'mainstream' breeds, giving you that 'masculine' look.

Keren..thanks. As I said "Not my kind of cattle" but since you explained it....I think they're pretty classy then.

I like the 2nd better also. Not my kind of cattle but that don't mean they are bad, just different taste.

Are they full sisters, I'm guessing? I like the second one better. Maybe some of it is the picture, but the younger one looks more feminine. She also looks like she has less brisket than the older cow, and is straighter across the top.

I'm not sure of the breed but they are nice heifers , I don't think they have any dairy influence but if they do it's brown swiss. What breed are they and what are they bred to.

shorty":bjjqbya2 said:
I'm not sure of the breed but they are nice heifers , I don't think they have any dairy influence but if they do it's brown swiss. What breed are they and what are they bred to.

they are braunvieh's out of a fullblood braunvieh cow and 7/8 braunvieh sire.

Triple D":bjjqbya2 said:
They have names??

it's part of the registered name.

greatgerts":bjjqbya2 said:
Are they full sisters, I'm guessing? I like the second one better. Maybe some of it is the picture, but the younger one looks more feminine. She also looks like she has less brisket than the older cow, and is straighter across the top.

yes, they are full sisters, naturally sired with a years difference between them (actually 362 days). although i also like the younger of the two better as well...there really is not that much difference between the two. looking at them - (in the pasture) i think there is a lot of similiarity, or consistency that has been passed on between the two matings of the same animals. that was something that i thought would be mentioned here on the forum.
anyways, the 2 yr old is expected to be used as my next donor cow - granted she raises the type of calves that appeal to me.

ROB

A couple of you wrote that their not your type. Compared to these, what is your type? Just curious. But when Braunvieh influenced cattle take 11 out of 25 placings at The Beef Empire Days Live & Carcass Show, seems to me Rob's doing a pretty good job with his cattle, if their all of the quality of what he's posted on this forum.

Apple....I'm just never been around this breed of cattle. Given the opportunity I might fall in love with them if they would work here. In the meantime I still like the brangus breed and day in and day out I still believe they or any other breed with some ear are the most profitable for my area. (if there is such a word anymore as profit". :)

We have a couple of Braunviehs and live on the Texas Gulf Coast. One is from a breeder in La Grange and the other is from Kentucky. They both do well in our climate.

I like ROB's cows and I really like the Braunvieh breed. They are easy to work and easy to get along with.