Sisal Twine Prices

Help Support CattleToday:

poorfarmer

Reaction score
Was pricing some twine last week $57 dollars for 18000. Our local supplier said he had heard two plants had shut down leading to the price hike. Wondering if anybody else has had better luck?

Last year I thought it was out of site at 37.50 for a pack of 16000. Should have bought more as what I've purchased this year is running 50.00.

Well at that price I will definitely be reducing the number of wraps on my first cutting hay that is close to the barn. Save a little money where I can, and that $57 dollar price was even if we bought an entire pallet. Maybe the twine companies heard cattle prices were up and wanted their cut :lol:

Complained to the clerk today that $55 for a bundle was robbery. He said that the next shipment they already had priced for $65. I grudgingly bought 6 bundles..

Has anyone priced round baler string? Wonder how much that stuff has gone up. I think folks are just jumping on the beef price increase wagon. Had 100 bales custom wrapped last year and it cost me $4800. It's my hay - the baler just cut, raked and baled (with string tie). I could add another $10/bale and not have to grow my own hay.

We just bought 2 years of plastic twine.. my dad picked it up so I don't know the price on it... bought 16 rolls of 14,400 ft each

Nesikep":1fzoo7nk said:
We just bought 2 years of plastic twine.. my dad picked it up so I don't know the price on it... bought 16 rolls of 14,400 ft each

I never wanted to have much sisal left over because it was hard to keep mice and moisture out of it over the winter. Plastic shouldn't be a problem that way.

Pallet price is usually a bit cheaper and wouldnt matter to have more than one year worth of twine on hand. Or split the pallet with a neighbor :idea:

Latest posts