Sioux Empire Farm Show

Help Support CattleToday:

iowahawkeyes

Reaction score
We're headed to Sioux Falls for the Farm Show. Selling a bull and heifer, showing a steer and 2 heifers. At this point we're undefeated in '09. (Haven't showed yet, HA!)

Its always good to be undefeated, even if by default. Good luck, have fun, & I hope you stay undefeated :D

I saw both your bull and heifer in the catalog, no pictures but the genetics are good. Are there normally that many bulls and that few heifers? What do you think the avg sale price of the bulls will be? Good luck and hopefully come back with pictures ?

CPL":v5ac6vph said:
I saw both your bull and heifer in the catalog, no pictures but the genetics are good. Are there normally that many bulls and that few heifers? What do you think the avg sale price of the bulls will be? Good luck and hopefully come back with pictures ?

where can sale listing be seen? When is Herf show?

iowahawkeyes":2ri4hra5 said:
We're headed to Sioux Falls for the Farm Show. Selling a bull and heifer, showing a steer and 2 heifers. At this point we're undefeated in '09. (Haven't showed yet, HA!)

Well how was it???

IMG_0565_1.jpg

Here is the steer, he was reserve out of 4 head. He's a hard drive.

IMG_0582_1.jpg

Here is a Jan. P606 heifer we bought. She was second in class to the Reserve Champ. out of 7. There were 13 total head Herfs shown. She weighs around 950.

IMG_0592_1.jpg

Here is a Feb. Manhattan daughter we raised. She's the one I pictured last summer on here. She was 4th in the same class. She weighs around 930.

As far as the bull and heifer sales, they were good, we were happy with our price. Most of the breeds had good sales. Don't know the averages. Lots of buyers in the stands. I didn't take pics of the bull or heifer. There aren't usually this many heifers selling normally, but they sold good. BTW, the Champ Herf bull was the Supreme Row winner for Hanson's Polled Herefords, Conde, SD. and the Maine Heifer from Bushy Park was the winner.

All three look really good, your boy is going to be a tall one.

What was the judge's comments on the two heifers?

I agree, all 3 worth hauling around. what reasons for Manhattan hfr 2 spots behind? She appears to be more extreme in the photo compared to the P606, course that could be photo, Again both are worth hauling IMO.
Congrats to you and yours!
L Day (DFF)

Thanks guys,
The comments on the heifers were fair to me. Gigi (P606) is really deep and beautiful profile, she was first in the ring and balked a little so she didn't walk great. The first three picked were very similar looking. Hattie (Manhattan) is extremely long, walks smooth and wide, and b/c of that didn't look as deep (which is probably true right now) We think her better days are ahead. She took a nice pic and looks good on the profile, maybe drops her top a little sometimes. We plan on hauling these two. It'll be interesting what the judge will pick. We're happy with them. :D
Knersie: my son is going to be tall, probably at least 6'6".

Latest posts