simmy show heifer #1 - updated photo

Help Support CattleToday:

prsimmental

Reaction score
current pic or our simmy show heifer,different pose of #1 heifer.
IMG_0084.JPG

Thanks for your comment. We weighed her yesterday at 7 months exactly and she weighed 854 lbs. It's only about 3 more weeks until the show and sale. We are really pleased with the way she looks.

7 months and 854 pounds :?: :?: :?: :?:

If she weighed 75 lbs at birth that means she has gained 3.7 lbs per day. :?: :?: :?:

Jovid":29ldbxex said:

If she weighed 75 lbs at birth that means she has gained 3.7 lbs per day. :?: :?: :?:
maybe be she was born at 95lbs or 100lbs y0ouan push a heifer hard i have had a heifer weighing 600 on march 5th and on july 17 she weighed 1051
(it was our first year) all we feed her was corn,haylage and ground alfalfa hay

I too was wondering about the age/weight. Push a heifer that hard, she won't breed, or is she a market heifer?

Moocow11":2qcwir94 said:
Jovid":2qcwir94 said:

maybe be she was born at 95lbs or 100lbs y0ouan push a heifer hard i have had a heifer weighing 600 on march 5th and on july 17 she weighed 1051
(it was our first year) all we feed her was corn,haylage and ground alfalfa hay

That could be possible. That means she probably was close to a year old when she weighed the 1051.

At the rate the other heifer is said to have gained it means she would weigh over 1400lbs at a year old. :?:

Thanks for the comments from everyone. Her actual birth weight was 94. The weights we listed are recorded weights, not guesses. She has not been pushed hard. For the last month or so, she has gradually been increased in feed to 20 lbs. per day of 12 %. She has all the free choice hay she can eat. She hasn't had bloat or any other problems digesting. She has a high yearly of 62.6. Her sister did the same thing last year, sold her at the Ky. Expo and is AI bred. We have no doubt this heifer will do the same.

Latest posts