Simmental vs Gelbvieh

Help Support CattleToday:

ellettfarms

Reaction score
I am trying to decide between a simmental bull or a gelbvieh bull this next go round to go on my angus cows, whats everyones opinions on these two breeds on the pros and cons I'm always looking for something that has good calving ease.

ellettfarms":34thh5px said:
I am trying to decide between a simmental bull or a gelbvieh bull this next go round to go on my angus cows, whats everyones opinions on these two breeds on the pros and cons I'm always looking for something that has good calving ease.

Come and see me I will sell you a balancer with lots of growth and good calving ease!..............and they PAP

Ellettfarms, there is a reason the Simmy herd book is larger, and it's not just good advertising by ASA, but honestly, you can find all the scientific evidence needed for each breed to "prove" they are better than the other.

And...Oh, don't pay attention to 3waycross and Dun. They were dropped on their heads when they were kids. :cboy:

David

Gators Rule":1wo14tf9 said:
Ellettfarms, there is a reason the Simmy herd book is larger, and it's not just good advertising by ASA, but honestly, you can find all the scientific evidence needed for each breed to "prove" they are better than the other.

And...Oh, don't pay attention to 3waycross and Dun. They were dropped on their heads when they were kids. :cboy:
How could i ever dispute a statement like that :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

David

All I can say right now is that the simm angus cross is very hot right now! It seems to be the best of both worlds, pounds weaned and carcass qualities. Do some research, and I think you will find the research proves it!

Fire Sweep Ranch":3k3a97tn said:
All I can say right now is that the simm angus cross is very hot right now! It seems to be the best of both worlds, pounds weaned and carcass qualities. Do some research, and I think you will find the research proves it!

Well i guess that settles it. I am wrong and now i know why!. Guess i'll shoot em all and buy me some homoginized Sims!

Fire Sweep Ranch":19s9ab0b said:

Funny thing about research, numbers can be skewed, by the animals that are used for the data... I cant speak for right now, but a few years back many of the animals used for the MARC research on Simms had a large percentage of Fleckvieh in their backgrounds.. Dont get me wrong I like those ol Fleck animals, they could really push the scales down with their offspring. Its a shame that they have the problems of birthweight and most damming, spotting.

So make sure when you are comparing these breeds that all factors are used in your decisions