Simmental"The One " Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Simmishowchick

Reaction score
Does anyone know who topped the sale for Simmi's out in Denver? What was the good animals out there, not always the toppers are "good". Thanks for any help.

The prices were actually down this year.. I suspect because of the weather. The sale topper was the Joy cow.. she brought $48,000. There were a lot that brought under $10,000 which is unusual for Denver.

If you want to know something specific, let me know. I was at the sale.

Cattle bringing under $10,000 is unusual?! :shock: Out of all the cattle I have sold through that sale I have never gotten over $10,000 from them, not even over $6,000. But i sounded like a bad year. Was there anything in the sale that looked like it didn't belong or wasn't really worth looking into?

lol.. well apparently you've never been to the "Big" Brahman sale in Houston.. where nothing brings under $10,000! This was my first year at Denver, I had always heard prices were high because it's the "big" Simmental show.

I guess my surprise was the spread.. $8,000+ or under $3,000. There were some very good cattle that sold there, and "standing room only" crowd. I did pick up a nice Dream On heifer very reasonably.

If you want to PM me, I can give you lot prices.

Latest posts