simmental semen code

Help Support CattleToday:

SEIOWACATTLE

Reaction score
I have been doing some AI work for a friend and has a unorganized tank full of older semen, we are trying to figure what the semen cane code might be for SSR Polled Ringeye reg#1220034 tattoo#W213? Could it be 16SM287? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!!

ASA the simmental association should be able to help.
SSR you could contact Sunset Simmental Ranch seems to make sense that SSR would've been their breeding.
Otherwise I know nothing of him.

Kansas Artificial Breeding Service Unit, is the 016 code may call them, if there still around

SEIOWACATTLE":7ykks0fl said:
I have been doing some AI work for a friend and has a unorganized tank full of older semen, we are trying to figure what the semen cane code might be for SSR Polled Ringeye reg#1220034 tattoo#W213? Could it be 16SM287? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!!

Yes, 016SM00287 POLLED RINGEYE, according to the master list on cattle.com https://www.cattle.com/Semen/bull_semen_cane_codes.aspx

Now, there are 4 Polled Ringeye sires listed with ASA, so which one it is you would have to do some calls. The owner listed on ASA for the SSR Polled Ringeye is New Breeds Industries,
A,P,M,M,K ARMSTRONG
2906 BROOKVILLE DR
MANHATTAN,KS 66502
United States
Prefix: [ ]
Type: INACTIVE
Representatives
ARMSTRONG, C ANCEL

Hope that helps a little....The other option is to thaw a straw (use it on a cow) and look on the straw, usually that information is contained on the straw itself.

Latest posts