Simmental..opinions?

Help Support CattleToday:

Simmi Show Gal

Reaction score
Just thought I would post a few pictures of some of our simmys.

bunny.jpg

A PB GCF Perfect Momento x our Built Right x Nasty Girl donor.

dandy-1.jpg

dandy.jpg

Dam of heifer above.. She is a Built Right out of JF Nasty Girl.. being bred back to SHS Enhancer.

dowdy-1.jpg

dowdy.jpg

Our Made Black x Triple C No Doubt donor. Has a bull calf at side(not the on in the pair picture) and is being flushed to JS Sure Bet and bred back to Hired Man.

lady.jpg

HC Hummer x SHeza Lady Too donor..bred to GCF Perfect Momento then being flushed to Manchild and Echo and bred back to SOS.

schmoo.jpg

DSC00912.jpg

Mo Better x Dream On x Joker heifer bred to GCF Perfect Momento..then being bred to Gigolo Joe sexed semen for a Maintainer/%Simmy heifer.

ella.jpg

Enhancer x Dream On x Joker heifer.. Maternal sibling to heifer above. Being bred to SS Ebonys GRandmaster sexed semen.

Let me know what you think.

LinZ

I won't comment on breed character, but I have to agree with Keren, it is a very well made set of bovines that will be functional on pasture as well.

I admit that I must becoming an old timer because I still cringe a little when I hear them called "Simmentals". The modern black American Simmental is really a ~80:20 S:A composite; BUT that said those are excellent cattle that would work in most commercial ranch environments, especially in a crossbreeding situation with Hereford or Angus.

Latest posts