Simmental in Arizona

Help Support CattleToday:

Bobbroyles

Reaction score
We just bought some acreage just out of Tucson, and want to find some info on any Simmental breeders in the area. When I was a kid, my family raised them in Oregon, where the climate is probably better for cattle of their size. There are a lot of qualities that I like about the breed, and would like to get some started soon. Does anyone have any good ideas on where I might be able to get started with Simmental in or around Tucson?

I'm in Tucson... Best source of cattle and information would be the Marana Livestock Auction on Thursdays... Great facilities and fun to watch but the cattle quality is very uneven depending upon time of year... pretty good this time of year.

Down at Willcox they have an auction on Fridays I believe... lots of guys prefer to haul up to Marana because Willcox is much smaller and a little 'rough' but interesting to watch...

Livestock auction on Wednesdays up in Chandler... never say anything I'd put in my trailer but interesting to watch the stuff coming in off the Indian lands... Saturdays is their horse auction and most of the time there's a couple of great cow ponies going through.

If you want to see a big feedlot operation go up to Red Rock...

Hope this helps, Richard

Latest posts