Simmental Heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN":29755i3b said:
i would replace the black bull, with one just like him then.

As he is getting older but well try to "get our money's worth" out of him....so we will probably keep him for a couple more years

This might sound dumb but why not AI your heifers to something like the Winchester bull and then let the black bull clean them up. You would get some better calves and for sure no calving problems.

3waycross":3cq3m2q7 said:
This might sound dumb but why not AI your heifers to something like the Winchester bull and then let the black bull clean them up. You would get some better calves and for sure no calving problems.

We are not a breeder.......all our calves go to actuion unless we decied to keep some of the heifer calves

K2011":2xkr0wfr said:
3waycross":2xkr0wfr said:

We are not a breeder.......all our calves go to actuion unless we decied to keep some of the heifer calves

Check this guy out. Especially if you are sending calves to market look at his phenotype compared to the blk bull. Also look at his numbers for calving ease. If you keep one of his daughters you get those genetics also. BTW you should see his brother Remington Red Label.

http://genex.crinet.com/beef/index.php? ... 87&lang=EN

Here's his daddy, if you don't like him,

http://abs-bs.absglobal.com/beef/Simmen ... o=29SM0373

ALACOWMAN":2c2cb51l said:
KNERSIE":2c2cb51l said:
I have seen that bull before.... different username though
you have.....and it is

Ditto.

I'm still having issues believing this heifer is simm char.

Where do the black points come from?

Sorry, but this is bugging me.

FWIF, I think the black bull will exaggerate this heifers faults. I think you should breed her to the red bull.

Old fella looks good for his age.

I don't know where the black tips came from; we have another cow out there that also has the black tips on her ears too......but she is not the heifer's mother.......
(cow in the far left corner)
100_1948.JPG

K2011":2z7b3ca0 said:
I don't know where the black tips came from; we have another cow out there that also has the black tips on her ears too......but she is not the heifer's mother.......
(cow in the far left corner)
100_1948.JPG
like to see more of that cow on the left, she has the look of a money maker

That cow is very old.......she looks bad, her bag is all out of shape, I am suprised that we let her go this long without selling her.....but every year she gives us a calf.....and now she has a calf so we are just gonna let her raise it and then sell her......

K2011":2u6nqlc2 said:
That cow is very old.......she looks bad, her bag is all out of shape, I am suprised that we let her go this long without selling her.....but every year she gives us a calf.....and now she has a calf so we are just gonna let her raise it and then sell her......
that's the rest i wanted to see...

Here is the rest of the cow you can't really see her bag but this was a few years ago and she looks even older now (there is nothing wrong with her jaw she was just chewing her cud)

100_1475.JPG

Keren, Im picking you mean a money machine when you say "ATM" ??? Or maybe Im a bit slow when it comes to the american "lingo" ? um year, Lol :???:

K2011, the heifer picture looked like she would grow into quite a tall strechey type of cow but there's nothing wrong with that. Have you thought of putting a Red Poll bull over her, or your whole herd?

Could be a good cross I rekon

Latest posts